The Student Room Group

Emailing experts for epq

At my school we are advised to email 'experts' on the field of our project, however I dont know how i should approach this. Im not sure if I should send my questions within the first email with my introduction and stuff, or send an email with questions after they respond? And how many questions is a reasonable amount? Any advice would be appreciated
Hey! A friend of mine actually got in contact with a professor from Cambridge and was able to get a lot of recommendations for her research. In her first email she simply introduced herself and her research (not stating that it was for an EPQ) as well as her interest for certain aspects of her topic. This was met with positive response and she was able to further converse with other professors at the institution. When asking questions make it seem like a discussion and you are asking for opinions. Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by Tulipbloom
Hey! A friend of mine actually got in contact with a professor from Cambridge and was able to get a lot of recommendations for her research. In her first email she simply introduced herself and her research (not stating that it was for an EPQ) as well as her interest for certain aspects of her topic. This was met with positive response and she was able to further converse with other professors at the institution. When asking questions make it seem like a discussion and you are asking for opinions. Hope this helps!

thanks for your reply! I'll try phrase my questions like that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending