The Student Room Logo

My Frantic Final Year :'D? | enhaluvr's GYG Journal (23-24)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
23/09 ~ a note!

2 nights until a very important date in my diary... the UCAT.
I'm so sorry to everyone who's probably sick of me talking about it all the time, but y'all I'm feeling slightly sick about it now.
After spending a whole summer, the first month of school, and frankly, a bit too many of my brain cells trying to revise, I'm still not sure if I've prepared enough?
But anyway... it's not good to obsess over my results too much, right? All I need to do is go in there and try my very best! :h:

But good lord... the butterflies, worry & panic are definitely taking hold of me now.

I'm trying my best to suppress obsessing over future UCAT scores, I promise!

I'm doing this by directing my thoughts to new obsessions: my favourite tunes & playlists~!! ( ˊᵕˋ )♡
Sadly, they're only doing so much to ease these nerves. :')

Not sure what I'll end up doing tomorrow for UCAT revision but...with every hour the exam draws closer, my heartbeat kicks up a notch and I'm ever closer to digging a hole in the ground and throwing myself in. :cry2::yy:
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 62

I SOBBED. I RAN TO SEE YOUR POSTS WHEN I SAW THAT IT WAS YOU IN MY NOTIFS. :crazy:
Y'ALL OMG-

THANK YOU SO MUCH LOVELY~ Currently listening to it rn and my eyes are filling up, and I'm suddenly levitating too?
I needed your playlist ngl :cry2: These bops ATE !!
This is going to be ON REPEAT forever (to manifest those good grades & also just because the songs here are *chef's kiss*) !!! :dancing:
I love you more than words can express !!! :cry:
Everyone, here's to @toothysmile, my number one~ :cube:
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 63
25/09 - 01/10
We're ending September on a good note, no matter what. Trust that @toothysmile's playlist is on full blast this week & we are manifesting good vibes !!!

what I'm telling myself this week because I love being delusionally calm and composed in life-defining situations... #beingdeluluisthesolulu

Mon - WE ARE GOING TO BE FINE.

Tues - WE.

Wed - ARE

Thurs - GOING

Fri - TO

Sat - BE

Sun - SO FINE & SO OPTIMISTIC for OCTOBER~!!
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by enhaluvr
🍃 25/09 - 01/10
🎧 We're ending September on a good note, no matter what. Trust that @toothysmile's playlist is on full blast this week & we are manifesting good vibes !!!

what I'm telling myself this week because I love being delusionally calm and composed in life-defining situations... #beingdeluluisthesolulu

Mon
- WE ARE GOING TO BE FINE.

Personal: STAY POSITIVE!
Med/Dent: Survive the UCAT

🎧 RELAX, FUTURE ME.
No matter what we score, no matter how much or how little we've prepared, I'm still proud of you. And that's all that matters.

Tues - WE
Wed - ARE
Thurs - GOING
Fri - TO
Sat - BE
Sun - SO FINE & SO OPTIMISTIC for OCTOBER~!!

Good luck with your UCAT!!! :heart::heart:
Reply 65
Original post by hameedah:)
Good luck with your UCAT!!! :heart::heart:

THANK YOU SO MUCH~!! Anddd AHHHHH GOOD LUCK WITH YOURS TOO ?!! :h::heart:
We're getting through this together!!!
Reply 66
how'd the UCAT go???
Reply 67
26/09 ~ a post-UCAT note!

Hi everyone!~ I had originally planned to post my UCAT score here yesterday... but things got a little side-tracked.
Not long after my exam, my family decided to take me on a spontaneous trip down south to distract me from all things UCAT-related :'D
(bless them tbh, because the exam did not go the way I expected it to..)
I've only just returned and... I'm now sitting at my desk, contemplating my life choices, whilst making extreme eye contact with a blank PS draft...:thumbdown: !

Hi @TDCTV, thanks for checking in with my blog!! I appreciate it ~! :h::heart:

Original post by TDCTV
how'd the UCAT go???

Ahh... Unfortunately, the UCAT wasn't very kind to me and it really has me questioning my worth rn :')
Before I left home, I posted about my UCAT exam experience on
my other (less put-together) blog --> the UCAT Studying Log! :'D
For a more detailed answer to your question, you can find both my UCAT score and my reaction to my score there !! :'))

Hope that has what you're looking for, and if you (or anyone else for that matter) would like to ask any more questions, please feel free to ask whenever ~ ♡´・ᴗ・`♡ !

(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 68
27/09 ~ mini-note!

I think preparing for that exam scarred me...
I now get the heebie-jeebies whenever I see a four-letter word beginning with U and ending with T.

Sadly, my maths teacher's idea of fun today was to declare that we (me & my Advanced Higher Maths class) will sit the
UKMT Senior Maths Challenge this Tuesday :h: ~
(I should maybe be grateful that it's not another UCAT T-T)

Such joy... such happiness (please get me out of here :bawling: I don't want to do it anyway FULL STOP).

Please wish me luck though guys! :'DDD I'm still going to attempt it regardless (bcuz whatever happens, we NEVER BACK DOWN, NEVER WHAT?).

Trust that I am regretting my decision to pick Advanced Higher Maths rn though.
Do you think it might be too late to drop the subject? :colonhash:
Reply 69
01/10 ~ mini-note!
My thread seems to have crashed again... :dong: !
I can't get back into my last post to edit it. The edit button has all but vanished- And so have the Quick Reply boxes from Pages 4 & 3...

Anyway, you know what else has vanished? The month of September !!? (hehe see what I did there :wink:)
Currently quick-replying from Page 1 to try a few things out and hopefully post a monthly recap that's on time!
(Wish me luck~ I'm hoping these replies appear on Page 4 0-o).
Reply 70
How's it going post-UCAT? I'm also still scarred from TMUA tbh. Also mourning the loss of the text colour and size format options.
Original post by enhaluvr
27/09 ~ mini-note!

I think preparing for that exam scarred me...
I now get the heebie-jeebies whenever I see a four-letter word beginning with U and ending with T.

Sadly, my maths teacher's idea of fun today was to declare that we (me & my Advanced Higher Maths class) will sit the
UKMT Senior Maths Challenge this Tuesday :h: ~
(I should maybe be grateful that it's not another UCAT T-T)

Such joy... such happiness (please get me out of here :bawling: I don't want to do it anyway FULL STOP).

Please wish me luck though guys! :'DDD I'm still going to attempt it regardless (bcuz whatever happens, we NEVER BACK DOWN, NEVER WHAT?).

Trust that I am regretting my decision to pick Advanced Higher Maths rn though.
Do you think it might be too late to drop the subject? :colonhash:

How was the UKMT SMC?

When I was younger I tried it, in Y11, wasn't actually too difficult. Didn't practice much, kept procrastinating, managed a Gold and got into Kangaroo.

More like a "whatever" because I got in Kangaroo but I knew shortly after I could've done better - I just kept procrastinating, being distracted by things etc. and I didn't do much practice. I suppose I was too arrogant and immature back then.

So I suppose learn from my mistake, if you really want to do well in these competitions then practice, practice, practice.
(edited 1 week ago)

Quick Reply

Latest