The Student Room Group

can I afford a relationship? (student edition)

Hi guys!

Basically I'm in a talking stage with this guy and we want to go on a couple of dates after uni starts and we have freedom (strict parents lol) and we are both optimistic about starting a relationship. However, he is going uni of Leicester and im starting at Royal Holloway so travel costs are really expensive.

As covered in my last post, I barely have enough money to make ends meet and will struggle with paying train costs etc. It's the same for him. He hasn't said anything yet but im worried that inevitably this relationship won't workout because of how expensive seeing each other will be. I really really like him though and I don't wanna break his heart lool.

HELP ME
Reply 1
There’s FaceTime, coaches are relatively cheap and holidays are long. Since you’re in the honeymoon period of the relationship maybe it’s worth giving it a try
Original post by dayaspersonalgf
Hi guys!

Basically I'm in a talking stage with this guy and we want to go on a couple of dates after uni starts and we have freedom (strict parents lol) and we are both optimistic about starting a relationship. However, he is going uni of Leicester and im starting at Royal Holloway so travel costs are really expensive.

As covered in my last post, I barely have enough money to make ends meet and will struggle with paying train costs etc. It's the same for him. He hasn't said anything yet but im worried that inevitably this relationship won't workout because of how expensive seeing each other will be. I really really like him though and I don't wanna break his heart lool.

HELP ME

Yeah it’s free there comes no cost
Reply 3
Have you tried free dates like walks and picnics?

Quick Reply