The Student Room Group

How do you even introduce yourself without being awkward...

Hi, I'm a person I guess... I've already made a mistake on this website by asking for advice in the completely wrong forum, I don't even know where that post would actually go as I can't find the place for general advice.... Oh by the way did you know I'm just another person?
When your introducing yourself to people. Say hi I'm ...... how are you. Then you get talking and you can talk about yourself for a second before asking what there hobbies are. Then maybe you can relate with someone if they have the same interest as you.
Reply 2
always better to find an excuse for anything to talk lol
Original post by EllieDaysx
When your introducing yourself to people. Say hi I'm ...... how are you. Then you get talking and you can talk about yourself for a second before asking what there hobbies are. Then maybe you can relate with someone if they have the same interest as you.

I can never fully connect with anyone with this approach, it feels far too banal and robotic. My social skills are fine, but this stuff is just awkward. I made it intentionally less awkward by calling myself a person.
- Just to note, I am a person, yay.
Reply 4
Original post by URLunidentified
Hi, I'm a person I guess... I've already made a mistake on this website by asking for advice in the completely wrong forum, I don't even know where that post would actually go as I can't find the place for general advice.... Oh by the way did you know I'm just another person?

Welcome to TSR! How are you finding it so far? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending