This discussion is closed.
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Daily ones are wonderful but I suggest you start with monthly given that they are easier to put in etc. They are the bogstandard kind that will be recommended by yoru opticians. After that, you can change to daily because they are so much more convenient and feel fresher on your eyes - but only get them if you are not going to wear them every day. After all, they cost loads!!
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by red665)
Me too - taking them out is really easy. I can put mine in without a mirror and really it only takes about 10 seconds! worst is when they come out the pot bit inside out and then you've gotta turn them the right way after taking them out again! lol
You could always check if they are inside out of not by looking at them?!
Splinter
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i used to have dailys, but now switched to monthlys (by now i mean around 2.5 years ago). I find it more convenient if u wear them all the time, which i do. Daily ones prove too expensive. Also i have astigmatism, so i dont see quite as well in daily's but the monthly's can have that problem corrected.
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
im going to get some monthy disposable ones but im scared!never had contacts before, meant to wear glasses but hate them so just wander around with bad vision!nearly kissed a girl, and have walked into several lamposts

i've heard u can get all kinds of corneal ulcers etc and that u have to 'build up wear time' with contacts, is it tru?

also, the optician gave me a thing about coloured torics which i want to get.i'm black and i really want some blue ones. what do uthink?
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I wore mine all day today! But I find my close up vision is fuzzy (I'm shortsighted)
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
did u have to build up wear time, eg 2 hrs day 1, 4 hrs day 2 etc?and my optician told me if i get contacts, i'll need to wear my glasses more if it goes wrong
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by magiccarpet)
did u have to build up wear time, eg 2 hrs day 1, 4 hrs day 2 etc?and my optician told me if i get contacts, i'll need to wear my glasses more if it goes wrong
I was told to wear them for 4 hours a day, and then increase it each day by an hour if they felt OK, or less if they were hurting.
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:eek: do they hurt??
*starbuck*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I used to have dailies but have switched to monthlies now...about a year ago...I also have astigmatism (only in my left eye) and I had to change to monthlies as they didn't do daily toric lenses - although I believe they do now.

I want to find out about continuous wear lenses...that you dont take out to sleep in...I had a trial about 18 months ago, and they were fantastic...no worrying about nodding off in the afternoon and no problem trying to take them out and clean them when I'm drunk Just hope they're not too expensive that's all!

Contact lenses rock :p:

Edit: They dont so much hurt as feel uncomfortable towards the end of the day, especially if you're generally tired. I find when I'm watching TV in the evening, they can feel a bit "sticky" and prefer to take them out and wear my glasses when this happens.
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
what do u think about colouerd ones?
Sarah7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How topical (for me). I went for a free trail thingy yesterday at Boots. I have astigmatism, so need torics but I'm having to have the monthly ones because my prescription is too strong for dailies! I'm very very blind, lol.

I have tried them before but never found any that really worked. It was with a local opticians, so I'm hoping Boots will have a better range or something.

Just wondering, how do you get paid for trying them out? Sounds pretty cool: free contacts AND getting paid!
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hey are boots doing a free trial? i thought that was only specsavers?
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm switching from the odd occasion daily ones to monthlies that i'll wear when i feel like it.
Sarah7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hey are boots doing a free trial? i thought that was only specsavers?
Yep I believe Optical Express are too at the moment.
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hey thanks, looks like i'll have to shop around!

im looking for monthly toric coloured lenses, anyone know anything?

also, im dark skinned and i want blue lenses, what do people think of this look?
Nabqueen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
im going to get some monthy disposable ones but im scared!never had contacts before, meant to wear glasses but hate them so just wander around with bad vision!nearly kissed a girl, and have walked into several lamposts

i've heard u can get all kinds of corneal ulcers etc and that u have to 'build up wear time' with contacts, is it tru?

also, the optician gave me a thing about coloured torics which i want to get.i'm black and i really want some blue ones. what do uthink?

I've been told by my opticians to wear my glasses quite regularly, but from a young age i've been very self-consciene. Only in the last 2 years have I started wearing them at school as I found that not being able to see the board was affecting my grades. I still don't wear them regularly so I'm going to get contacts in a couple of weeks.

From what I read, monthly ones sound like the best ones to start with??

What is astigmatism???

If you really want blue contacts then go for it? I think with darker skin it might look weird because it's not natural, but i'm sure some people could pull it of. I've got quite dark skin and think I might stick with clear contacts for now.
tis_me_lord
Report 14 years ago
Monthly, and I hate cleaning them, putting them on my hand gets even more fluff and stuff on them and it takes ages. :mad:
Nabqueen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So do you actually think its worth all the hassle?
tis_me_lord
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Nabqueen)
So do you actually think its worth all the hassle?
Nope. But I can't go into college in glasses now, it wouldn't feel right.
Nabqueen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
guess not o_0
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (59)
67.05%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.59%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.36%

Watched Threads