The Student Room Group

Student Finance TROUBLES - Please Help!!

I only lived with my mum for over a decade. I dont have contact with my dad at all nor is he financially supportive in any way. I'm starting uni in a few weeks and on my sfe application we put down separated not realising that separated means like legally by law. They're not separated by law at all he just lives in another country now.

Sfe is asking my mum to fill in a martial declaration form. I don't know what to do now. They've only granted me a basic maintenance loan when I qualify for the maximum due to our circumstances. Im really worried on what to do or say so this can be sorted before I have to go to uni. Help is appreciated!
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
call them up tomorrow and explain it to them
Original post by solocat
I only lived with my mum for over a decade. I dont have contact with my dad at all nor is he financially supportive in any way. I'm starting uni in a few weeks and on my sfe application we put down separated not realising that separated means like legally by law. They're not separated by law at all he just lives in another country now.

Sfe is asking my mum to fill in a martial declaration form. I don't know what to do now. They've only granted me a basic maintenance loan when I qualify for the maximum due to our circumstances. Im really worried on what to do or say so this can be sorted before I have to go to uni. Help is appreciated!

Log in to your SFE account on Tuesday during office hours and raise your query via the live chat function.

Quick Reply