Turn on thread page Beta

Do I Sound Posh?! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I got a new add-on thingy for my mp3 and it allows me to record stuff, so anyway, I recorded myself and I think I sound, well, posh. My family tell me it's how I always sound, it's kinda freaky, what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparkling_Jules)
    I got a new add-on thingy for my mp3 and it allows me to record stuff, so anyway, I recorded myself and I think I sound, well, posh. My family tell me it's how I always sound, it's kinda freaky, what do you think?

You don't sound overly posh, just slightly well spoken.

ReputationRep:
    No speakers

ReputationRep:

You have a nice voice!

ReputationRep:
    nope you dont

ReputationRep:
    You sound like me! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly)
    No speakers
    r e t a r d! hahaha :p:

ReputationRep:

u sound like a dj off rarefm. U sound like a normal voiced girl.

ReputationRep:
    Heh, you sound like someone off the telleeeeeeeeeeeee:p:

ReputationRep:

freaky? Yes
    Posh? Like all eng accent sounds to me.

:aetsch:

ReputationRep:
    How delightful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    r e t a r d! hahaha :p:
    Charming

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    You have a nice voice!
    When do we get to hear your voice then?

ReputationRep:
    You sound slightly posh I reckon. Not that I'm one to talk, my mates tease me for having a 'posh' accent!

ReputationRep:
    I guess I don't sound that posh, it was just so different to what I hear in my head, and believe me, compared to most of the people round where I live, I'm really posh.

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be a good idea for members of TSR to record themselves if they can and there should be a thread started in the 'About' section, like the picture thread. Just a thought

ReputationRep:
    Not really posh, just without an accent.
    Sounds nice though..a lot better then with any strong accent.

ReputationRep:
    I guess I don't have an accent. Occasionally I do go a bit Norfolk (when I visit my Nan there!) and my Dad reckons I'm going Scottish as I occassionally say 'och'...
    And since watching Scraphead Challenge I say 'proper job' a lot with the accent. (you'll know what I mean if you've seen it)

ReputationRep:
    Well from the perspective of me (Oop North) you do sound posh. But there is nothing wrong with an RP accent, it will get you far in life. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Compared to how people speak where I am, you DO sound posh. Under normal circumstances however, I reckon you just sound accentless and well spoken. Gotta be better than people not having a clue what you're saying because you're accent is too strong ... no, its never happened to me, but it did to my brother ... hilarious, I thought he was going to cry!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.