Toy Soldier
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Natalie Lane)
for some reason I thought it was 'verd'
*didn't take french*
Je comprendes le francais bien, parce que je suis une fille!

:p: I only took it until I was 16, and I wasn't very good at it, but I have a good memory for individual words. Never much for grammar and tenses and stuff though.
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I did compulsory french in Year 8 and 9, but didn't learn a thing. I was too busy clowning around.

I remember two words, one being Bic(pen) and one being blanc(White). Probably should have listened.
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Toy Soldier)
Je comprendes le francais bien, parce que je suis une fille!

:p: I only took it until I was 16, and I wasn't very good at it, but I have a good memory for individual words. Never much for grammar and tenses and stuff though.
oui, je comprendes parce que (sp?) je parle Portugues

few similarities (being latin languages and all...)
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
oui, je comprendes parce que (sp?) je parle Portugues

few similarities (being latin languages and all...)
Latin est merde :mad:

I took it at Uni. One of my many reasons for dropping out after 5 months .
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Latin est merde :mad:

I took it at Uni. One of my many reasons for dropping out after 5 months .
:eek: I've always wanted to take latin!!!
never had the opportunity to though...
all latin-derived languages have a pretty hard grammar though, which can be very off putting...
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:eek: I've always wanted to take latin!!!
never had the opportunity to though...
all latin-derived languages have a pretty hard grammar though, which can be very off putting...
It's quite difficult. Sentences aren't structured normally. Like, in a sentence all the words can go in any order, and you have to work out what it means by the endings and emphasis and stuff. an "us" ending in place of an "a" can completely change the meaning of an entire phrase. I got very confused. Plus that class was at 9am every day. Muh! :eek:
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's quite difficult. Sentences aren't structured normally. Like, in a sentence all the words can go in any order, and you have to work out what it means by the endings and emphasis and stuff. an "us" ending in place of an "a" can completely change the meaning of an entire phrase. I got very confused. Plus that class was at 9am every day. Muh! :eek:
don't think sentances' structure would be too much of a problem (am used to it)... the 9am factor might be though :eek:
~Raphael~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think that can all be summed up with: it's an inflected language, unlike English :p:
galadriel100
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't think anyoen has ever said I look 'attractive' or 'nice' People seem to ignore me, maybe because I ignore them. No one has gone up to me and said 'hey, you're ugly'
I get compliments like 'Your hair looks really nice' or 'that's a cool top'.
A friend did say ' You look really nice today' but that is from a friend who was probably talking about my clothes.
If I ever get a true compliment I will be overjoyed. And for now I will sit here and ponder.
Oziris
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I dont get told one or the other, but i usually get compliments about hair or clothes or something.

I personally think i look ok, just other people dont think/tell me
Alice2411
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by gossip_girl)
just like girls who think there fat when there like a size 10 or something! i hateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee girls like that!!! :mad:

omg yeah that really buggs me, its like 'shut the hell up you aint fat, when you turn to the side, you actually disappear for christs sake!!' you can tell if your attractive if you get loads of attention from guys or girls or both whatever. I guess you can look in the mirror and see if your augly or good looking, but its inner beauty that counts ):>
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Alice2411)
omg yeah that really buggs me, its like 'shut the hell up you aint fat, when you turn to the side, you actually disappear for christs sake!!' you can tell if your attractive if you get loads of attention from guys or girls or both whatever. I guess you can look in the mirror and see if your augly or good looking, but its inner beauty that counts ):>
I'd like to believe that
M-J
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well i think im gorgeous
nah kidding i like girls who are naturally pretty so i strive to do tht........wash and go girl to the max
when people tell you your gorgeous you start believing it, which makes you more attractive as it increases you confidence
RieLouise
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Manipulative self-deprecation is always a good way of getting compliments.
('Ohhhh, I'm sooo faaaaat'. Until people get bored with it.)

'Cute', 'girlish' - bored with that.
puppy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bratcat)
Manipulative self-deprecation is always a good way of getting compliments.
('Ohhhh, I'm sooo faaaaat'. Until people get bored with it.)

'Cute', 'girlish' - bored with that.

Well some of us are genuinely depressed about the way they look, ok? I wouldn't say I need to lose weight unless I honestly thought I did.
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by puppy)
I wouldn't say I need to lose weight unless I honestly thought I did.
Maybe you wouldn't, but there are an awful lot of girls who would.
Bacardi
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by puppy)
Well some of us are genuinely depressed about the way they look, ok? I wouldn't say I need to lose weight unless I honestly thought I did.
omg.

you're so shallow it's untrue.

get a hobby
puppy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Bacardi)
omg.

get a hobby
I've got plenty of hobbies, thank you. If my problems with my appearance manifested themselves in some kind of eating disorder you wouldn't be so harsh- be more sensitive.
ClosetGinger
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
omg.

get a hobby

Why is it shallow that people have low self esteem? There are a million things that can contribute to low self esteem, bullying, depression, bad relationships etc. So if they're not happy about their appearance because of these reasons why would you have the right to call them shallow?
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
omg.

get a hobby
Shallow would be a guy that told a girl that he would not go out with them unless she lost x amount of weight or focused only on looks and completely disregarded personality. Wanting to lose weight does not make you shallow, even if you do nto need to lose weight in the first place.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads