This discussion is closed.
Natalie Lane
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
D boobs arent that heavy I used to have them and never had back pain even when playing lots of sport etc.
assuming you got a cirgical reduction; was it worth it? are you happy with the results? does it leave any scars?
I've always wanted to get one but don't know anyone who has...
if you haven't then just ignore me...
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Natalie Lane)
assuming you got a cirgical reduction; was it worth it? are you happy with the results? does it leave any scars?
I've always wanted to get one but don't know anyone who has...
if you haven't then just ignore me...
ooh my friend had one and she said it was totally worth it...and that she would do it again!
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
ooh my friend had one and she said it was totally worth it...and that she would do it again!
did she get a scar though? know anything about her recovery period? - painful, long?
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nope lost a ton of weight and came off the pill and now I'm an A/B guess most of it was fat. I also had a friend who was an E and shes gone down to an A now too since shes come off the pill.

I know people who've had em bigger but not anyone who has had a reduction. A girl I was at school with had a reduction and died through complications with the operation, shes an extreme case but if you do consider it don't make the assumption that its completely risk free.

http://www.silikonitieto.net/article.phtml?ID=15
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/331511.stm
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nope lost a ton of weight and came off the pill and now I'm an A/B guess most of it was fat. I also had a friend who was an E and shes gone down to an A now too since shes come off the pill.

I know people who've had em bigger but not anyone who has had a reduction. A girl I was at school with had a reduction and died through complications with the operation, shes an extreme case but if you do consider it don't make the assumption that its completely risk free.

http://www.silikonitieto.net/article.phtml?ID=15
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/331511.stm

A teenage girl who was embarrassed because she her breasts were unevenly sized died when an operation to reduce the larger one led to infection, an inquest heard yesterday. Abigail Stevenage, 19, an administration clerk, had elected to have cosmetic surgery at her local hospital because her left breast was "a lot more than a cup size" bigger than her right one. Shortly after being discharged from Wordsley Hospital in Brierley Hill, West Midlands, she complained of pains in her hands and feet and a week later she was readmitted because the reduced breast was infected. She died soon afterwards from toxic shock syndrome resulting from poison from the infected area being released into her bloodstream, the inquest at Kidderminster was told. Miss Stevenage, an accountant´s daughter from Kidderminster, had been admitted to hospital on Dec 3 last year.

Sebastian Pilz, the consultant plastic surgeon, told the Wyre Forest District Coroner that Miss Stevenage knew the NHS operation was not a simple one. He said: "Abigail actually needed this operation. It was not some minor plastic surgery. We discussed the risks involved and she was still pleased to go ahead." Mr Pilz said that, while infections were quite common after plastic surgery, that affecting Miss Stevenage was unusual. The coroner, Victor Round, said: "There are always risks in surgery. We do want miracles and when things go wrong we always want to know why. Abigail needed this operation and unfortunately as a result she was infected with a powerful poison." He recorded a verdict of death by misadventure.
pretty scary, I've been aware of the risks though, I know that all surgeries, however big or small, still have risks with things such as infections or pain killers, so I'll always keep that in mind in case I decide to...
they do kind of make me hesitate more than a little though...
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Some people treat that kind of surgery like its just a formality and it really isn't theres a risk to any surgery.
If you do get it done good luck have you ever seen a doctor or anyone about it?
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Some people treat that kind of surgery like its just a formality and it really isn't theres a risk to any surgery.
If you do get it done good luck have you ever seen a doctor or anyone about it?
not yet, I've only just convinced my parents to think it over, I think if I go to a doctor by myself and then present them all the facts I stand a bettr chance though, so I plan on going soon...
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Natalie Lane)
did she get a scar though? know anything about her recovery period? - painful, long?
it was about 3 weeks before it was healed and stiches came out...wasn't much of a scar, but she couldnt swim 9cause she was an athlete) for about 4 months after.
covered farm wagon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think most of the places I would suggest have already been mentioned. Debenhams is really good, and M&S. La Senza is pretty, but less practical maybe. I've heard good things about the one you mentioned in Keynsham, but I've never been so I'm not too sure.
ladyshort4u
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm a 34 B - I normally get my bra's from M&S or BHS or Debenhams. For the funky bras I have I go to La Senza - they are so pretty but yes, as someone else said they are sometimes not practical. And a lot of the bra's in La Senza are padded and if you have big boobs you don't want to have a padded bra to make them look even bigger. If you want to go for the practical side then go to M&S - good quality and good bras. Also there's Ann Summers (Is that what it's called? :confused: ) But yeh apparently they are pretty good as well.

Good Luck in Bra Hunting

Love Ladyshort
M-J
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
debehams or house of frazer....
why do some people spend a fortune enhancing thier breasts and others on reducing them....be happy with what you've got
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
65.91%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
20.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.64%

Watched Threads