Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    Well I do all that, I don't go out dressed like i'm going to church and I dance all night. I think there's something fundamentally repellent about me to men in clubs, it's the only explanation!
    Come out in Manc and I'll take you on a confidence building exercise! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sublime_envy)
    the true art is being able to be dressed in anything and still manage to turn heads from the way you look at them with your eyes
    But then again, if I was dressed up in any old thing I wouldnt have the confidence to turn heads with my eyes anyway. Confusing stuff this pulling/clubbing business

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    You have to a retrosexual to pull in 5th... ensure you haven't showered before gonig out, you haven't applied any fresh smelling products since the morning, you haven't thought about what to wear, but most crucially, you haven't shaved for nearly a week. Follow those rules, and it's easy. Make any effort whatsoever, and it doesn't happen...
    Lol

1. Retrosexual - Don't even know the meaning of the world but Iam guessing it means bi.

2. Usualy just a bit of dioderant

3. Usualy just stick a band t-shirt on and some smart jeans

4. Haven't shave for a week? I currently haven't shaven for two weeks!

I am one of the scruffy clientel typical to 5th Ave so it seems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VixenIW)
    But then again, if I was dressed up in any old thing I wouldnt have the confidence to turn heads with my eyes anyway.
    Nevermind heads; I can turn stomachs with mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    You have to a retrosexual to pull in 5th... ensure you haven't showered before gonig out, you haven't applied any fresh smelling products since the morning, you haven't thought about what to wear, but most crucially, you haven't shaved for nearly a week. Follow those rules, and it's easy. Make any effort whatsoever, and it doesn't happen...
    Hehe. Its so true. I've had many a happy night in 5th Ave...but not pulling as I've had a gf for most of the times that I've been there.

However, it is quite incredibly easy to pull in 5th Ave, and even though I've never, and probably couldn't, pull in a club, I'm sure in 5th Ave it wouldn't be too difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    Do you have a good success rate when you go out on the pull? No one ever looks at me when I'm out and it makes me dread going clubbing a bit, especially since my mate usually pulls. Seems a bit sad to get down because random blokes don't pay you attention but I guess that makes me a bit sad! Does anyone else have this problem? Or, even more helpful, any tips on what I may be doing wrong? Thanks x x x
    no offense but it's horrendously easy to pull in clubs, the last time I was out I was asked for my number four times and I wasn't even trying(I already have a boyfriend)

and you could do better than the sleaze that hang out in clubs anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Nevermind heads; I can turn stomachs with mine.
    Hehe, awwww....I find that extremely difficult to believe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VixenIW)
    Get in a sexy outfit, get a couple of vodkas down your neck then get on that dance floor like you mean it!!!
    what is that for blokes?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone can pull in a club. ANYONE. The real question is - why would you want to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Lol

1. Retrosexual - Don't even know the meaning of the world but Iam guessing it means bi.

What are you implying?!

*firmly points out his sig to AT*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Lol oh no no no. A retrosexual is a guy who hasn't been caught up by the recent drives to femanise straight men by encouraging them to use face masks, moisturisers and alike.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marychrist)
    no offense but it's horrendously easy to pull in clubs, the last time I was out I was asked for my number four times and I wasn't even trying(I already have a boyfriend)

How though? No one will come near me, what's wrong with me? *cries*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Hehe. Its so true. I've had many a happy night in 5th Ave...but not pulling as I've had a gf for most of the times that I've been there.

However, it is quite incredibly easy to pull in 5th Ave, and even though I've never, and probably couldn't, pull in a club, I'm sure in 5th Ave it wouldn't be too difficult.

What am I doing wrong then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toy Soldier)
    Anyone can pull in a club. ANYONE. The real question is - why would you want to?
    I want to because apparently "anyone can pull in a club", I want to too, I want to feel like people want me. It's not unusual to feel that, surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marychrist)

I don't think you can generalise like that. I don't know the clubs you go to Puppy, but I know clubs in Manchester where you won't pull unless you are a Premiership footballer, a Hollyoaks "star", or are buying drinks on your platinum card. Some clubs are all about pretension and I'd question whether any well rounded person would want to pull there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    I want to because apparently "anyone can pull in a club", I want to too, I want to feel like people want me. It's not unusual to feel that, surely?
    Everybody feels like that now and then

You nice looking, if you were a bit more confident im sure ud get loads of guys after u

just be careful, there always some w*nkers in bars and clubs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    Where do you live, and what sort of clubs do you go to?

ReputationRep:
    why not? if anyone can do it, why can't I??

ReputationRep:
    not ANYONE can pull in clubs. Iv been going to clubs for the past year now and iv never had any luck. And probably just to feel good about yourself and have a feeling your wanter and not a ugly ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    Fair enough, I suppose. Just don't expect to gain to much from the experience. It's sort of fun, I suppose, in the same way that any sport is. "Score! Yeah! 3 points for the team!". But it's not exactly an important life moment. For affirmation, it'd be better to find someone who actually does like and want you... rather than someone after a quick grope - who probably doesn't care who or what you are so long as you're female and on the attractive side of "rancid". Just a thought.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.