This discussion is closed.
posh_git
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol puppy u r fitt lol.

i like going to clubs but it's cos i can let my hair down and i can just let go of everything. i dont' need to worry about anything (apart from if i have enough money) and listen to some good dance music and get on the dancefloor!

pulling wud b a great extra: but you can still have a good time without pulling! i love being with my mates and just general partying with them lol
puppy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Toy Soldier)
I never understood that. Like I said, the only enjoyment in the whole thing is treating it like a sport. Where's the fun in a 'sure thing'?
You get laid...
annabellewalter
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I dance like a twat, drink pints and fall over quite a lot (not cuz I'm drunk, just because I'm clumsy) When I meet people for the first time the words they usually use to describe me in the first 5 mins are 'God you're dry/bitter/ sarchastic' Luckily for me...some men find this endearing........or they're just desperate.
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by puppy)
You get laid...
Puppy you will plenty of the above I assure you. Don't force things. If possible, stop thinking about trying to pull and shortly after doing this you'll suddenly find yourself with some stranger with his hands on your body and his tongue down your throat - if that is what you are after. Be patient!

Anyway I'm off to bed. Good luck, I'll expect to hear when things start going great for you and the guys are throwing themselves at you! And if it doesn't happen, pop up to Manc! :p:

Take care.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by annabellewalter)
When I meet people for the first time the words they usually use to describe me in the first 5 mins are 'God you're dry/bitter/ sarchastic'
Seconded. My sole saving grace seems to be that I efface others only inasmuch as I do myself; which is, in actual fact, rather a lot.

Normally it's something along the lines of 'Oh my God, you're the wittiest person I've ever met'. Carrion comfort, really, given how (comparatively, not) far it's taken me; but comfort, nonetheless.
puppy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tednol)
Puppy you will plenty of the above I assure you. Don't force things. If possible, stop thinking about trying to pull and shortly after doing this you'll suddenly find yourself with some stranger with his hands on your body and his tongue down your throat - if that is what you are after. Be patient!

Anyway I'm off to bed. Good luck, I'll expect to hear when things start going great for you and the guys are throwing themselves at you! And if it doesn't happen, pop up to Manc! :p:

Take care.

Thanks!

I wasn't suggesting i was lacking in guys lol, just that i couldn't get them in clubs :p:
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by puppy)
Thanks!

I wasn't suggesting i was lacking in guys lol, just that i couldn't get them in clubs :p:
Lol and there I was feeling all sad for poor sexually frustrated Puppy! Anyway, night night everyone.
puppy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tednol)
Lol and there I was feeling all sad for poor sexually frustrated Puppy! Anyway, night night everyone.
Mwahahaha, tricked you. I've had my fair share, and then some...
annabellewalter
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
Seconded. My sole saving grace seems to be that I efface others only inasmuch as I do myself; which is, in actual fact, rather a lot.

Normally it's something along the lines of 'Oh my God, you're the wittiest person I've ever met'. Carrion comfort, really, given how (comparatively, not) far it's taken me; but comfort, nonetheless.
I've come to the conclusion that in order to pull I must speak as little as possible. I think men find it offputting. I'v been described by male friends as everythng from 'intimidating' to 'condescending' - so it's best if I just bat my eyelids and pretend to be a mute. However hard I try I never come across as 'nice' - so my advice to anyone who wants to pull in a club? If you have a personality deficiency just hide it, for one night of tragic tongue action, it's better if you have no personality.
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've come to the conclusion that in order to pull I must speak as little as possible. I think men find it offputting. I'v been described by male friends as everythng from 'intimidating' to 'condescending' - so it's best if I just bat my eyelids and pretend to be a mute. However hard I try I never come across as 'nice' - so my advice to anyone who wants to pull in a club? If you have a personality deficiency just hide it, for one night of tragic tongue action, it's better if you have no personality.
Interesting. Conversely, I typically find personality to be a singular recourse from my innumerable other deficiencies. My bad side would seem to be my attractive side, and vice-versa: that is, if such a thing can even be deemed to exist. Of course, that doesn't negate the fact that I can yet tally my 'conquests' on one hand; perhaps even, in the strictest sense, one finger of one hand. Credit where credit's due, however: I'll take all I can get.
annabellewalter
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How about we merge into one person? Then we'll have it all!!
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How about we merge into one person? Then we'll have it all!!
Why not? One way or another, that's what I've been striving towards with every girl I've held in my esteem since as long ago as I'd care to remember :rolleyes:
annabellewalter
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You seem so spiky in some of your posts, it's nice to see the cute side of you. If we merge then you can have a share of my Bristol law offer too.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
never. i've only ever pulled in cambridge clubs with people i went to the club with. i just feel like a lie if i try talking to somebody new in a club, because there's this mutual understanding that you're probably trying to pull, but it remains unspoken. it's a feeling i really have to learn to deal with. also, I normally goto [email protected], and it's just like one gigantic talking/dancing clique, all the guys there know each other and are essentially all the same, and well basically i usually regret ever talking to them.
~Raphael~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
never. i've only ever pulled in cambridge clubs with people i went to the club with. i just feel like a lie if i try talking to somebody new in a club, because there's this mutual understanding that you're probably trying to pull, but it remains unspoken. it's a feeling i really have to learn to deal with. also, I normally goto [email protected], and it's just like one gigantic talking/dancing clique, all the guys there know each other and are essentially all the same, and well basically i usually regret ever talking to them.

Dude that's cool, I've always wondered why more people don't feel like that because basically everyone's talking to each other for only one reason so it all seems a bit fake and forced.... :hello:
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Raphael~)
basically everyone's talking to each other for only one reason so it all seems a bit fake and forced.... :hello:
I dunno. In my experience talking doesn't come into it much. Isn't that why the music in clubs is so loud? None of that awkward "talking" nonsense.
~Raphael~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I dunno. In my experience talking doesn't come into it much. Isn't that why the music in clubs is so loud? None of that awkward "talking" nonsense.

Well ok but it's still like a load of hyenas circling the meat :p:
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Raphael~)
Dude that's cool, I've always wondered why more people don't feel like that because basically everyone's talking to each other for only one reason so it all seems a bit fake and forced.... :hello:
yeah, happens alot in life, that you have mutually understood but unspoken intentions. i should just not be so lame in that respect :P

edit: i meant life as in the broad, existing sense of the word. not the club =P
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeah pulling on the dancefloor i guess is the preferred choice, does sound slightly more feasible I guess, especially if as mentioned you have the confidence to stop dancing with friends at the whim of eye contact with someone else =P
~Raphael~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
yeah, happens alot in life, that you have mutually understood but unspoken intentions. i should just not be so lame in that respect :P

edit: i meant life as in the broad, existing sense of the word. not the club =P

hehe or just be really good at denial
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.92%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.04%
Not great so far... (221)
35.99%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.06%

Watched Threads