Another night without pulling *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    The nights not over yet. Pucker up! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    Awwww, I thought you already had a mass of **** buddies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Awwww, I thought you already had a mass of **** buddies?
    Nah I cut most of them loose, thought id start again. It wouldn't matter if i did though, It's still a good ego boost having strangers eyeing you up- just a shame it doesn't happen *cries*

Don't you just hate whinging girls like me? Ahh well....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    You don't know how to make yourself accessible. That's the problem... You probably seem too harsh and unapproachable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    You don't know how to make yourself accessible. That's the problem... You probably seem too harsh and unapproachable.
    Probably, I'm not prepared to go about giggling and drinking alchopops though in order to get a bloke- that's even sadder than not being able to pull.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    Probably, I'm not prepared to go about giggling and drinking alchopops though in order to get a bloke- that's even sadder than not being able to pull.
    You see. You have the wrong approach. If the guy thinks you're just going to treat him like he's a loser, he's going to go nowhere near you. For most guys (unless they have an ego the size of a small planet), direct rejection is one of the worst things ever. Even if you don't give a crap about a girl, and aren't even attracted by her, it really makes you feel *****y. That's something you girls don't have to endure...

ReputationRep:
    Competing for a girl with mates isn't worth it. The reason why it's always the same friend who gets the girl, is probably because he's calling all the shots.
    Nah, it's worth the laugh. The same friend usually wins because he's probably the smoothest out of all of us. That's all.

It's impossible that you're all on an equal level when you're chatting her up. One of you must do the first move, there's probably one of you who's leading the conversation/seduction, whatever you want to call it. Just going for the same girl as your mate doesn't prove you have balls but going alone does.
    We don't all float around the one girl taking turns to talk to her, if that's what you meant. I mean when we get inside we'll pick out the hottest girl and we all know the score. We'll all try to be the one that pulls her. Whoever goes and talks to her first usually differs night by night.

The best is going up to a girl none of your friends would dare approach because she's too gorgeous... In most cases, I've made a fool out of myself. But when you succeed, the look on your mates' faces is priceless. The again, all my friends have been in serious relationships for ages so they don't even care. They're often right behind me.
    Like i said, we do go up to the best looking girl in there. It wouldn't be fun otherwise.

And Puppy, cheer up. There's always tomorrow night.

ReputationRep:
    You see. You have the wrong approach. If the guy thinks you're just going to treat him like he's a loser, he's going to go nowhere near you. For most guys (unless they have an ego the size of a small planet), direct rejection is one of the worst things ever. Even if you don't give a crap about a girl, and aren't even attracted by her, it really makes you feel *****y. That's something you girls don't have to endure...
    It's weird but rejection doesn't really bother me. I'll just get on with it.

You are right though, most people hate rejection and won't approach people because of a fear of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    If your picture in your profile is anything to go by you shouldn't have a problem pulling!
    If not, hard luck! hehe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makavelli_07)
    It's weird but rejection doesn't really bother me. I'll just get on with it.

You are right though, most people hate rejection and won't approach people because of a fear of it.
    Lucky you then. As soon as a girl isn't giving any signs that I have a chance, and I'm starting to think I look a bit desperate, I end up leaving, which is usually alright. But you can be on a high and if you go up to a girl to talk or dance and she rejects you in a harsh way, that just ruins your night. Some people just think "*****, she's stupid. I'm way hotter than she can get". Lol. But I'm not quite like that.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, it's worth the laugh. The same friend usually wins because he's probably the smoothest out of all of us. That's all.

We don't all float around the one girl taking turns to talk to her, if that's what you meant. I mean when we get inside we'll pick out the hottest girl and we all know the score.

Well call it smooth if you like, but in no group of friends, is everyone equal. There's always one that has the upperhand, that calls the shots. Trying to seduce a girl with friends is useless unless you're that friend you mentioned who gets all the girls. You and your other friends are only there to make him look good. I'm all about going it alone. It takes more balls but it pays off...sometimes.
    If you don't take turns to talk to her, how can you all try to seduce her?

ReputationRep:
    How do you seduce the same girl if you don't take turns?

Well call it smooth if you like, but in no group of friends, is everyone equal. There's always one that has the upperhand, that calls the shots. Trying to seduce a girl with friends is useless unless you're that friend you mentioned who gets all the girls. You and your other friends are only there to make him look good. I'm all about going it alone. It takes more balls but it pays off...sometimes.
    If you don't take turns to talk to her, how can you all try to seduce her?
    I didn't make myself clear. From your first post i got the impression that you throught that all of us would crowd round the girl trying to chat her up, but now re-reading your post i realised i misinterpreted it.

You got it right. We'll all know which bird it is, and then you can take a pop at chatting her up whenever you want. I'll never be the first one to try, but i find it's better to get in there soon.

My mate does have the advantage, your right. We're not there too make him look good, though. The girl will very really know we're there together, competing. He'll just usually be the lucky guy who gets there at the right time, and manages to chat her up.

Then i'll go off alone to try and find myself a bird, unless i managed to beat him. Your also right about it being better on your own, but it's just a thing we do. Takes more balls on your own.

Hope that cleared it up a little more.

ReputationRep:
    Lucky you then. As soon as a girl isn't giving any signs that I have a chance, and I'm starting to think I look a bit desperate, I end up leaving, which is usually alright. But you can be on a high and if you go up to a girl to talk or dance and she rejects you in a harsh way, that just ruins your night. Some people just think "*****, she's stupid. I'm way hotter than she can get". Lol. But I'm not quite like that.
    Ha, sounds about right. I'm pretty much the same as you. If it looks like i'm not going to get anywhere then i'll just wonder of and find my mates or someone else.

It just doesn't effect me getting rejected. Take it in your stride, and try again.

ReputationRep:
    It just doesn't effect me getting rejected. Take it in your stride, and try again.
    It depends. Rejection from a stranger doesn't matter. But if it's someone you (or one of your friends) knows then it can be embarrassing in future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toy Soldier)
    It depends. Rejection from a stranger doesn't matter. But if it's someone you (or one of your friends) knows then it can be embarrassing in future.
    i dunno its just as embarrassing for them.... so ur pretty much even

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    How though? No one will come near me, what's wrong with me? *cries*
    umm, well in the club I was at, the dancefloor was sort of surrounded by railings which boys always stand at and perve at girls dancing.. I was drunkenly dancing and at least 3 asked me to dance, another one watched me dancing for a bit then asked me for my number. I didn't really do anything to encourage them / initiate any conversation.

what are you like when you're out? confident or timid? personally I think people go for confident types- my boyfriend used to pull a lot in clubs before we were together, probably because him and his male friend used to dance like a couple of homos and rub up against each other / touch tongues.. apparently the girls in the clubs were suckers for it.

seriously though, I think clubs are nasty places for meeting people- they're like meat markets, full of sleaze who want to pull and take a relatively attractive girl home for the night. which, imo, is totally skanky and hideous. how can anybody feel happy waking up, hungover, to a total stranger, having ****ed their brains out the night before? and for those people who just get off with people in clubs, I've done similar and it makes you feel equally as cheap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    Do you have a good success rate when you go out on the pull? No one ever looks at me when I'm out and it makes me dread going clubbing a bit, especially since my mate usually pulls. Seems a bit sad to get down because random blokes don't pay you attention but I guess that makes me a bit sad! Does anyone else have this problem? Or, even more helpful, any tips on what I may be doing wrong? Thanks x x x
    ~Puppy, I think the main thing is confidence. I always go with my bestie and maybe a group of friends if no one has work that nite. My friend and I pretty much play hard to get. We don't wear the typical neckline down to THERE and hem up to HERE outfits (usu some singlet/cami with jeans/skirt/fitted shorts and heels) and dont really pay attn to the guys that follow your every move! We're both light drinkers so we start off with a couple, hit the dance floor, let our hair down and have some fun...we always get randoms who want to dance with either of us, or both, and it's nice to have somone looking out for you...like if he's fully hot, we'll exchange a smile, but if he's all greasy and disgusting, we'll pull a horrified face, break away and wave 'see ya!' and lead each other to another section of the dance floor! :p: If he's ok, we dance/make out/chat in b/w, then sit down for a drink and chat...we dont' give out numbers, cos recently this guy ended up getting mine and kept on calling to ask me out and see me again...way to desperate...plus he was an arrogant prick as well...this just out of law school guy! Good luck! If you're seen enjoying yourself, the guys will be interested cos they wanna be part of the action too!

ReputationRep:
    I've never been to a club to find out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    Well I do have plenty of sex (or did) but I don't get many of the guys from clubs and when I do I have to try very hard. I just feel like no one notices me when I go out, makes me feel really low. I wish I had some formal swaps to go to, I play for my college football team but we never seem to do anything like that. Maybe I shud start rowing... :eek:
    Hehe, it's all about boatie socials! Or get your football team on the social scene - some of you must have friends in other colleges who play sports, just set up formal swaps with them, and you build up contacts, once people start to hear about you!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.