This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I am getting this more and more frequently these days, I know this is a sign of hearing damage but I went to two big gigs last week and its been playing up since then.

Has anybody else experienced this a few days after big gigs? I have high frequency hearing loss as it is which could possibly make the effects worse for me.
swishmasta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
stay away from loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! music man, esp at clubs, dont dance near the speakers too much. i used to get some ringing sound the day after, when i was too close to them. i think tinnitus has no care infact, so you dont want to get it.
AT82
Rep:
?
I wonder if people with my conditon are more likely to get it, I have suffered with it for years but its going worse, the last week its been doing at least once a day for 10 minutes or so. Music will be death of me. Though I was born with my hearing loss.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ear infection?
Go to the doctors. I got really bad ringing when i had an ear infection once. It was treated with antibiotics. Leave it and it'll get worse.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
Ear infection?
Go to the doctors. I got really bad ringing when i had an ear infection once. It was treated with antibiotics. Leave it and it'll get worse.
Sound advice.
SamTheMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I am getting this more and more frequently these days, I know this is a sign of hearing damage but I went to two big gigs last week and its been playing up since then.

Has anybody else experienced this a few days after big gigs? I have high frequency hearing loss as it is which could possibly make the effects worse for me.

LOL, had exactly the same problem this week: went to see the Dears at the Electric Ballroom and then Pure Reason Revolution/the Autumns/the Editors at Camden Barfly. I stood way close to the speakers and my ears are wrecked.
AT82
Rep:
?
if I do go to the doctors I should keep quiet the fact I use these as my main headphones

http://www.h-navi.net/i/hp890.jpg

The Philips logo is full size just to give you an idea of how big they are.

I know I iwll have hearing damage eventualy, its just somthing I have apcepted but I hope it is just an infection. It might go anyway I get a lot of minor conditions like this that clear up before I get round to seeing a doctor. The only time it didn't I ended up havign an operation
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (47)
25.41%
No (138)
74.59%

Watched Threads