The Student Room Group

Social work bursary

Hello, I have been admitted into university of Birmingham MA Social Work. I don't know what to do concerning nhs social work bursary. My bursary has been approved by NHS but it is yet to be approved by the university. I have sent emails and made calls to enquire about what is going on, I still haven't received any positive response. I am beginning to panic now as uni starts 18th September, and I have received an invoice advising me to make payment latest 17th of September. Please could anyone help throw more light on what step I need to take? I am really confused, don't know what next to do or how to go about this as I haven't applied for student finance.
Thank you
Hi did you sort it out?
Reply 2
Original post by Veeluca
Hello, I have been admitted into university of Birmingham MA Social Work. I don't know what to do concerning nhs social work bursary. My bursary has been approved by NHS but it is yet to be approved by the university. I have sent emails and made calls to enquire about what is going on, I still haven't received any positive response. I am beginning to panic now as uni starts 18th September, and I have received an invoice advising me to make payment latest 17th of September. Please could anyone help throw more light on what step I need to take? I am really confused, don't know what next to do or how to go about this as I haven't applied for student finance.
Thank you

Hi Veeluca. Am just seeing this. Were you able to sort out your bursary?
Original post by Cocolat
Hi Veeluca. Am just seeing this. Were you able to sort out your bursary?

Hi what uni are you applying to ?
Hi there,

Contact the admissions officer, they’ll be able to tell you more about the process specific to your university.

I went through the same process last year, having received an offer for the masters in Feb, and I did not get confirmed by the university to have an NHS bursary.

Each university only gets so many bursaries allocated to it, so they will allocate them based on some form of decision the university makes.

You won’t actually get your bursary for a few weeks until you’ve enrolled and your attendance is confirmed, so if they’re asking for a prepayment of any fees, then you should check with the finance team what this looks like and if they are flexible to making any adjustments

Quick Reply

Latest