The Student Room Group

GCSEs

I’m retaking my GCSEs at 18 because of my poor grades, I want to eventually go to University even if that means waiting another 2 years to do A Levels again (I haven’t decided what I want to do yet).. I’m now starting to get worried if choosing foundation was the right choice- would I be able to get in Uni with 5s??
Original post by well...
I’m retaking my GCSEs at 18 because of my poor grades, I want to eventually go to University even if that means waiting another 2 years to do A Levels again (I haven’t decided what I want to do yet).. I’m now starting to get worried if choosing foundation was the right choice- would I be able to get in Uni with 5s??

Yes look at https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/studywithus/ugstudy/courses/UG/Biology-BSc-Hons-U6UBOLGY.html
‘GCSEs
GCSE English language and maths at grade 4 or above also required.’
Unless your going to do a really competitive course (where gcse’s are used alongside an entrance exam in a selection process for interview), the minimum requirements are passing your gcse in the entry requirements. Once you meet the entry requirements, it doesnt matter how much you exceed it.

Many courses place larger emphasis on your A Levels
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply