The Student Room Group

Fail resit modules

Hi, I’m about 100% that I’ve failed two of my modules, however I’ve still not received my marks/awards for the year. Because of this I still haven’t registered for third year and I’m worried about my student finance, because I’m currently in student housing and yet it doesn’t seem like my student loans will be on time. I’ve contacted my uni but they’re just placating me that I should get my marks next week but Thai doesn’t seem like a guarantee. Is there anything else I can do?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I’m about 100% that I’ve failed two of my modules, however I’ve still not received my marks/awards for the year. Because of this I still haven’t registered for third year and I’m worried about my student finance, because I’m currently in student housing and yet it doesn’t seem like my student loans will be on time. I’ve contacted my uni but they’re just placating me that I should get my marks next week but Thai doesn’t seem like a guarantee. Is there anything else I can do?

Have you spoken with other members of the cohort to see if they're having the same problem? When does your course start?
Reply 2
Original post by spectrum84
Have you spoken with other members of the cohort to see if they're having the same problem? When does your course start?

Some of them were a little late to receive their marks but they’ve still gotten them, and we’re able to register. The course usually starts on the 24-26th of September, but I’m not certain as it depends on your timetable which I cannot access because I can’t register yet. I’m pretty much stuck in a loop of not being able to know anything or do anything as long as the university doesn’t finish grading me.
Original post by Anonymous
Some of them were a little late to receive their marks but they’ve still gotten them, and we’re able to register. The course usually starts on the 24-26th of September, but I’m not certain as it depends on your timetable which I cannot access because I can’t register yet. I’m pretty much stuck in a loop of not being able to know anything or do anything as long as the university doesn’t finish grading me.

The way I see it is you have 2 options. You can either apply for funding for 3rd year and call SFE to get it changed to 2nd year funding if you need to or you can hold off applying until you get your results.
If you do the latter, you might get funding later (after the course has started) but it'll save you the headache of calling SFE to get funding changed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending