The Student Room Group

How to make friends

last year i lost my friends and it made me loose alot of my confidence, iv always been a really shy and anxious person and i find i can be akward when speaking to people im not close with but i want to gain my confidence back and be able to make friends and not be as akward any tips on how to do that?
Reply 1
it takes time to find friends that are real and are there for you. try introducing yourself to others.
Reply 2
Original post by Abbiexjane
last year i lost my friends and it made me loose alot of my confidence, iv always been a really shy and anxious person and i find i can be akward when speaking to people im not close with but i want to gain my confidence back and be able to make friends and not be as akward any tips on how to do that?

1.Start by setting yourself achievable goals that help to build your confidence. This could be as simple as setting a goal to start a conversation with someone new every day.

2.Get involved in activities or organizations that focus on positive social qualities. This could mean joining a club or pursuing a hobby. Doing activities in a group setting can help you to become more confident in a social setting.

3.Focus on small, positive changes. Instead of stressing about how you ‘should behave’ or worrying that others are watching your every move, focus on doing small things that will make you more comfortable, such as smiling more or making eye contact with strangers.

4.Practice positive self-talk. Remind yourself that there is nothing wrong with being shy or anxious, and that it’s okay to make mistakes - everyone does!

5.Focus on the positive qualities that you possess. Remember that you have unique qualities that will help to make you an amazing friend.

6.Take things slowly. Don’t rush into relationships but take your time getting to know people. Don’t worry about making friends right away, take your time and start with small conversations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending