The Student Room Group

Falsely accused my bf?

I thought my bf was lying when he told me that he went to his male friends birthday and didn't check his phone. He was leaving with 5 female colleagues, one of which had tried to flirt with him and I got very angry that he was going out with them.
But now I found out that he had indeed gone to the male friends birthday (these women are the male friends close friends) and they all work together in the same room.

I dont like his friendship with them so I got very angry and dumped him via text but he said he wanted to meet and we did and talked things out.

But now I feel bad that I assumed things wrongly and had dumped him for something he didn't lie about.

I feel bad about this?

Scroll to see replies

Yes, you should.

Is there any point in getting back together without changing anything?
He should dump you tbh, you sound toxic and seem to have serious trust issues.
You should feel bad about it. Dunno what else you want from this thread to be honest.
Original post by Charles III
You should feel bad about it. Dunno what else you want from this thread to be honest.

It has a vibe of generic trolling about it.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I thought my bf was lying when he told me that he went to his male friends birthday and didn't check his phone. He was leaving with 5 female colleagues, one of which had tried to flirt with him and I got very angry that he was going out with them.
But now I found out that he had indeed gone to the male friends birthday (these women are the male friends close friends) and they all work together in the same room.

I dont like his friendship with them so I got very angry and dumped him via text but he said he wanted to meet and we did and talked things out.

But now I feel bad that I assumed things wrongly and had dumped him for something he didn't lie about.

I feel bad about this?

You don't trust him and you made a rash, emotional, reactionary decision.

Your relationship is on course for the iceberg unless you acknowledge why you don't trust people and take steps to resolve this. I recommend a psychologist.
Reply 6
Original post by Rakas21

Your relationship is on course for the iceberg unless you acknowledge why you don't trust people and take steps to resolve this. I recommend a psychologist.

It rlly isn’t that deep 😭
Reply 7
Original post by Rakas21

Original post by Charles III

Original post by Sorcerer of Old
He should dump you tbh, you sound toxic and seem to have serious trust issues.

Original post by StriderHort
Yes, you should.

Is there any point in getting back together without changing anything?

I saw that lady who fancies with him and as usual she was the only one trying to talk with him so I got angry and upset
Reply 8
I saw that lady who fancies with him and as usual she was the only one trying to talk with him so I got angry and upset

You should value yourself enough to believe that she is not a viable substitute.
Reply 9
Yes, no dumping without a fair trial first. You’ll have to make it up to him.
Reply 10
Original post by Rakas21
You should value yourself enough to believe that she is not a viable substitute.

It's not simple. This woman is 35 years old, very wealthy and she's really persistent. She has tried to cause gossip between us before and was also coming over to him and sitting with him each time she saw him alone. She would even ask her friends to leave so that she could talk to him herself .

She looks at me like she hates me and all her friends keep eyeing me whenever I walk past them. She also sees any opportunity as a means to ask him out for drinks or lunch. Once he simply asked her if she heard about a study space closing down and later on she came up to him to ask if he would like to go out for lunch with her and her friends.
It's not simple. This woman is 35 years old, very wealthy and she's really persistent. She has tried to cause gossip between us before and was also coming over to him and sitting with him each time she saw him alone. She would even ask her friends to leave so that she could talk to him herself .

She looks at me like she hates me and all her friends keep eyeing me whenever I walk past them. She also sees any opportunity as a means to ask him out for drinks or lunch. Once he simply asked her if she heard about a study space closing down and later on she came up to him to ask if he would like to go out for lunch with her and her friends.

Well, she's winning. All this petty dumping will do is make her a more attractive & mature option and give them common ground that he deserves better.

Maybe just let him go and move on?
Reply 12
Well, she's winning. All this petty dumping will do is make her a more attractive & mature option and give them common ground that he deserves better.

Maybe just let him go and move on?

I have told him about how she has tried to cause gossip so he knows about her now.

Why will I let him go? He's my bf and I overreacted and didn't find out the truth and got upset. I understand I made a mistake and I have patched things up with him
Reply 13
Yes, you falsely accused your bf.

Yes, you should feel bad about it.

He's chosen to be with you and you should trust and communicate with him. It IS that simple.
I have told him about how she has tried to cause gossip so he knows about her now.

Why will I let him go? He's my bf and I overreacted and didn't find out the truth and got upset. I understand I made a mistake and I have patched things up with him

actually its obvious you will bad but what others are saying is true as well ..
you may have made the relationship a bit distant because of it..

i am a physchology student about to graduate.
Reply 15
Original post by Surnia
Yes, you falsely accused your bf.

Yes, you should feel bad about it.

He's chosen to be with you and you should trust and communicate with him. It IS that simple.

Did you read this?
Reply 16
actually its obvious you will bad but what others are saying is true as well ..
you may have made the relationship a bit distant because of it..

i am a physchology student about to graduate.

OK but I'm not accusing him now

Because you don't trust him and wont magically start to, and you're likely to just dump him again the next time someone else's actions make you insecure.

In 'patching things up' do you honestly think you've heard the last of this? You just trashed most of the relationship.
Reply 18
Because you don't trust him and wont magically start to, and you're likely to just dump him again the next time someone else's actions make you insecure.

In 'patching things up' do you honestly think you've heard the last of this? You just trashed most of the relationship.

Its not about not trusting him. Its about the other woman constantly trying.
OP: I did a thing to my boyfriend based on jealousy and a general lack of trust in him. Should I feel bad?

Everyone responding to your thread: Yes, you should feel bad:

OP: But why? I've said sorry, it doesn't matter now. But I've patched it up now, so who cares, right? Have you read the excuses I gave to other people before you told me I should feel bad?

Either you want to change and accept you messed up, or you don't. You should trust him not to get involved with her and if you don't, your relationship may already be doomed.
(edited 7 months ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending