parents listen to 'cool' radio station Watch

This discussion is closed.
galadriel100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I don't know if this goes here or in entertainment, so if it is in the wrong place, i apologize.
I am here on the computer and my parents are listening to the radio in the other room. What is strange is they are listening to a COOL station. Have aliens overtaken their brains or are they trying to be cool? usually they listen to the oldies station which play the same 7 songs over and over again.
I am confused.
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by galadriel100)
I don't know if this goes here or in entertainment, so if it is in the wrong place, i apologize.
I am here on the computer and my parents are listening to the radio in the other room. What is strange is they are listening to a COOL station. Have aliens overtaken their brains or are they trying to be cool? usually they listen to the oldies station which play the same 7 songs over and over again.
I am confused.
Lol, my mum tries to do that, altho with certain artists rather than radio stations. E.g. she likes Casey Chambers and the Corrs, and sometimes listens to Madonna. At her worst, I must say, mum - Celine Dion :rolleyes:

I still, however, make sure I am far, FAR away from her CD player, lol! :p:
Taldarion
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i generally prefere the radio stations my parents listen to than the ones my friends listen to!! Actually my mum listens to the "cool" stations alot more than i do. Does that make me sad and un-"cool"?
galadriel100
Rep:
?
Some of the 'oldie' stations play some good old songs, i was just suprised that my parents were listening to modern music.
heminder
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
it better not be the aliens that kept on eating my threads, but all my parents listen to is old, crappy indian classical music. there's nothing to it... it's so crackly you can't even hear it. what's more is that because it's on AM radio the crackles are like doubled!
SamTheMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I am confused.
What's a "cool" station anyway?
Listening to a radio that plays mostly pop music can be cool if you're 12 or just like that stuff.
A radio can be cool by playing stuff that goes against what is normally considered cool, thus being alternative. Therefore being cool.
And knowing your classics and not just the songs that came out in the past 6 months is cool. You don't look cool when you go "Wow have you heard this totally new song Linkin Park have released? It's called "Enjoy the Silence". Wow Linkin Park right the best lyrics". Then your friends ask you "Have you heard of Depeche Mode?".
galadriel100
Rep:
?
(Original post by SamTheMan)
What's a "cool" station anyway?
Listening to a radio that plays mostly pop music can be cool if you're 12 or just like that stuff.
A radio can be cool by playing stuff that goes against what is normally considered cool, thus being alternative. Therefore being cool.
And knowing your classics and not just the songs that came out in the past 6 months is cool. You don't look cool when you go "Wow have you heard this totally new song Linkin Park have released? It's called "Enjoy the Silence". Wow Linkin Park right the best lyrics". Then your friends ask you "Have you heard of Depeche Mode?".
The stations my parents listen to are usually boring talk back stations, which only play the same three songs over and over. The station is so boring and aimed at old people. All the ads on that station are for funeral plans and false teeth. That's why a radio station playing music is 'cool' compared to their station.
SamTheMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The stations my parents listen to are usually boring talk back stations, which only play the same three songs over and over. The station is so boring and aimed at old people. All the ads on that station are for funeral plans and false teeth. That's why a radio station playing music is 'cool' compared to their station.
so they dance listening to Inxs and the Bee Gees? Pretty cool indeed.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.82%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.79%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.13%
It might lead to more bullying (128)
37.98%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.27%

Watched Threads