Turn on thread page Beta

How To Grow Taller - any tips? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well currently i am 176cm which is 1cm or so under 5"10, i havent grown since year 9 though and rather worringly i can still fit into my year 8 jacket lol. I'm in A2 now but was wondering is there any way to grow? I read that it is quite possible for a person to grow another 4" at the age of 21+ but this involved sleepin on floors to straight out the spine curvatures etc etc. I've also heard commonly that peopls stop growing at 21, but I'm only 17 and seemed to have stopped, is there any way for me to reach 6 foot (182cm)?

anything is welcome

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm 18 and only 5''5. Think of how I feel!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jediknight007)
    Hey, I'm 18 and only 5''5. Think of how I feel!
    I'm so short - 17 and barely 5'3"!! I wish there was a way of getting taller too.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Platforms, vertical stripes and big hair?

ReputationRep:
    im 18 and 5' 8" and dont want to be any taller.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 and 6"1 and i guess you could try eating more meat - works for me anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    I'm so short - 17 and barely 5'3"!! I wish there was a way of getting taller too.
    Don't worry! Most men prefer small women

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasperUK)
    Well currently i am 176cm which is 1cm or so under 5"10, i havent grown since year 9 though and rather worringly i can still fit into my year 8 jacket lol. I'm in A2 now but was wondering is there any way to grow? I read that it is quite possible for a person to grow another 4" at the age of 21+ but this involved sleepin on floors to straight out the spine curvatures etc etc. I've also heard commonly that peopls stop growing at 21, but I'm only 17 and seemed to have stopped, is there any way for me to reach 6 foot (182cm)?

anything is welcome
    You are taller than the average woman (5ft 3) so I don't think you are small at all!

(Original post by Tek)
    Don't worry! Most men prefer small women
    Is this true? I'm only 5 foot 4 and notice that men seem to stop and stare at tall thin women.

I guess us shorties can go with short guys, medium size guys and possibly tall guys. Only desirable shortie I can think of is Kylie everyone else seems to be tall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    Is this true? I'm only 5 foot 4 and notice that men seem to stop and stare at tall thin women.

I guess us shorties can go with short guys, medium size guys and possibly tall guys. Only desirable shortie I can think of is Kylie everyone else seems to be tall
    I'm not a guy but if as long as your not too small (ie under 5ft) or too tall then they are happy.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm 6'3", and I generally would put that down to lots of sleep and, to a lesser extent, genetics. You only grow in your sleep!!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2190461.stm

Tall (over 5'3"!!!!! that's not tall!) women are less likely to have babies and tall men (6') more likely than shorter men (5'10").

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king of swords)
    Well I'm 6'3", and I generally would put that down to lots of sleep and, to a lesser extent, genetics. You only grow in your sleep!!
    But But...I sleep loads and I'm still short!! I think it's genetic.

ReputationRep:
    Same here. I guess the only thing I can do is to go to the gym once or twice every week.

ReputationRep:
    Same here. I guess the only thing I can do is to go to the gym once or twice every week.
    That'll just make you look thinner...which in turn may make you seem taller..or something. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Genetics only specify the RANGE of height u can have, then sleep is the external factor saying exactly how heigh you are within that range. So I could be somewhere between 5'10" and 6'5" for example!! Sorry for the confusion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king of swords)
    Genetics only specify the RANGE of height u can have, then sleep is the external factor saying exactly how heigh you are within that range. Sorry for the confusion.
    Ohhhhhhhhh...

ReputationRep:
    That'll just make you look thinner...which in turn may make you seem taller..or something. :confused:
    Well, at the moment, my personal health and fitness is more important than how tall I am. I eat quite a lot of junk food frequently and even though I'm not fat or anything, I still want to reduce any chances of dying from any cardiovascular diseases or something.

ReputationRep:
    Well, at the moment, my personal health and fitness is more important than how tall I am. I eat quite a lot of junk food frequently and even though I'm not fat or anything, I still want to reduce any chances of dying from any cardiovascular diseases or something.
    Oh absolutely. I suppose, really, height is just a cosmetic thing...what's more important is staying healthy.

ReputationRep:
    Oh absolutely. I suppose, really, height is just a cosmetic thing...what's more important is staying healthy.
    Agreed .

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.