The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

cimmie

And some cars are very small too (like the mini, or the cinquecento,...)

But driving a small car can also be difficult for someone who is shorter. I have struggled many times with a reverse around the corner because I couldn't see the kerb and ended up failing my d-test because of this manoevre. Adding cusions helped improve the situation but then I struggled a bit to reach the pedals.

Also being smaller means its really difficult to reach the top shelf in supermarkets!
Reply 41
My dad is 6'2 and he drove a mini for five years, he didn't struggle too much.
Unregistered
Also being smaller means its really difficult to reach the top shelf in supermarkets!

Can anyone explain why some shoe shops put the smallest shoes on the top shelf and the biggest shoes on the bottom?
Reply 43
www.freewebs.com/gettaller

IM TELLING YOU
YOU GOTTA TRY THAT

I GAINED 3 INCHES IN A MATTER OF WEEKS

NOT EVEN 2 MONTHS

IM 23 YEARS OLD

5'6 GAINED 3 THATS 5'9 :smile:!!
CasperUK
Well currently i am 176cm which is 1cm or so under 5"10, i havent grown since year 9 though and rather worringly i can still fit into my year 8 jacket lol. I'm in A2 now but was wondering is there any way to grow? I read that it is quite possible for a person to grow another 4" at the age of 21+ but this involved sleepin on floors to straight out the spine curvatures etc etc. I've also heard commonly that peopls stop growing at 21, but I'm only 17 and seemed to have stopped, is there any way for me to reach 6 foot (182cm)?

anything is welcome

i was about 6 ft at the age of 13-14, im now 17 and 6ft1. I'm actually pretty glad i stopped growing so early because i really wouldn't want to be any taller. 5ft10 is actually quite tall and i don't think you can force growth and do see why u'd want to either.
Reply 45
if its a serious problem (eg stunted growth) there are drugs for it, my cousin took some when he was younger to help him grow.

failing that eat your greens like a god boy/girl and i dunno.....stretch yourself?
Reply 46
Adhsur
I'm so short - 17 and barely 5'3"!! I wish there was a way of getting taller too.

You're short? I'm 18 and I'm only 5'-5'1! :frown:
Reply 47
Adhsur
But maybe the tall sportsmen are always the only ones who are successful in the first place!! Maybe the short people practised too but weren't as good as the tall people. Just a thought.

Players like Owen are not that tall, but I'd say that they're pretty successful!
Nas

IM TELLING YOU
YOU GOTTA TRY THAT

NOT EVEN 2 MONTHS

IM 23 YEARS OLD

Nas...your link doesnt work
Reply 49
Nas

IM TELLING YOU
YOU GOTTA TRY THAT

NOT EVEN 2 MONTHS

IM 23 YEARS OLD

Single post ,advertising a $14.99 product which does the impossible? hmmm.....Spurious :wink:
Reply 50
Xenon
Players like Owen are not that tall, but I'd say that they're pretty successful!

paul scholes, juninho?
londongirl
paul scholes, juninho?

I'm a rugby player and I can assure you small players can be be hard to put down. Some of the all time greats have been tiny.
Reply 52
Unregistered
Is this true? I'm only 5 foot 4 and notice that men seem to stop and stare at tall thin women.

I guess us shorties can go with short guys, medium size guys and possibly tall guys. Only desirable shortie I can think of is Kylie everyone else seems to be tall :frown:

im only 5 foot which is soooo crap
Reply 53
jediknight007
Hey, I'm 18 and only 5''5. Think of how I feel!

your only 5'5?!? but your a GUY! im taller than you! :tongue:
Hi guys *edders turns around twice and shrugs*.....guys *lou p lou looks around and too shrugs*...OI DOWN HERE! *everyone looks down but LH looks up*

Feel sorry for the 16 and 1/2 old down here at a very petite 4ft 10". I suffer from neck ache all the time.
Reply 55
i'm just about 5"
Reply 56
curryADD
your only 5'5?!? but your a GUY! im taller than you! :tongue:

hey don't be so harsh on us shorties.... it's not our fault you wear high heels :biggrin: AND that you probably have the height and physique of a model....
Reply 57
4Ed
hey don't be so harsh on us shorties.... it's not our fault you wear high heels :biggrin: AND that you probably have the height and physique of a model....

at 5'6? you have to be 5'10 before they even consider making you a model!
Reply 58
curryADD
at 5'6? you have to be 5'10 before they even consider making you a model!

not if you're kate moss...
Reply 59

is the best!!

i gained 3 inches in a matter of weeks

not even 2 months

from 5'6 to 5'9

its only 15bucks!!!

thanks!! it works!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending