The Student Room Group

Agent Duck’s GCSE journey - GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by agent_duck343
🩶🩶🩶
Thank you so much xx

np💕💕
heyhey agent duck! I love your gyg and I just wanted to wish you so so so much luck with your GCSEs! I will pray for you and for you to get all 9s, good luck good luck! I really do hope you get your preferred grades! ❤️❤️👏😄
-Cheddar!
Original post by cheddarchomper
heyhey agent duck! I love your gyg and I just wanted to wish you so so so much luck with your GCSEs! I will pray for you and for you to get all 9s, good luck good luck! I really do hope you get your preferred grades! ❤️❤️👏😄
-Cheddar!

Omg thank you so much xx
-Cheddar!

What year are you in?
What year are you in?

year 9, haha. currrently teaching myself gcse content though, and thats why i love gygs :smile:
year 9, haha. currrently teaching myself gcse content though, and thats why i love gygs :smile:

Oh ok thats quite cool
I wish you all the best for your GCSEs xx
Heyyy

Today is my first (and only) day of study leave so Im hoping to be productive. Leavers day was super fun yesterday and I didn't really think about gcses at all so that was a nice break but now I need to lock in and focusss. Today is going ot be mostly RS (Islam and Christianity) for the paper tomorrow 😭 but I might also get a bit of biology done iif I have time as well.

Good luck to everyone for their exams xx

Qotd - What time do your exams start

Spoiler

Tags - @Evil Homer @brainzistheword @FanB1984 @curly_fries @Trickia @milktee @Tatakae L @miss_nia @emm4nuella @bicompton @AspiringSurvivor
(edited 2 months ago)
Heyyy
Today is my first (and only) day of study leave so Im hoping to be productive. Leavers day was super fun yesterday and I didn't really think about gcses at all so that was a nice break but now I need to lock in and focusss. Today is going ot be mostly RS (Islam and Christianity) for the paper tomorrow 😭 but I might also get a bit of biology done iif I have time as well.

Spoiler

Tags - @Evil Homer @brainzistheword @FanB1984 @curly_fries @Trickia @milktee @Tatakae L @miss_nia @emm4nuella @bicompton @AspiringSurvivor

hey, glad you got to get a break yesterday :smile:
aotd: since i'm in 8th grade (year 9) i have to take 3 state tests, english, math, and science. my charter school tests early, so i actually took them in april! good luck with yours, remember to just do your best :smile:
Original post by MysteryyyGirl86
hey, glad you got to get a break yesterday :smile:
aotd: since i'm in 8th grade (year 9) i have to take 3 state tests, english, math, and science. my charter school tests early, so i actually took them in april! good luck with yours, remember to just do your best :smile:

Thank youuu 🩶
Heyyy

Spoiler

good luck tomorrow, you're honestly going to smash it!! ❤️ my morning exams are at 8:45 and afternoon at 13:30 :smile:
Original post by miss_nia
good luck tomorrow, you're honestly going to smash it!! ❤️ my morning exams are at 8:45 and afternoon at 13:30 :smile:

Thank youuuu
It’s so interesting how people stray at different times so always a assumed everyone started the gcses/ a levels at the same time across the country
Thank youuuu
It’s so interesting how people stray at different times so always a assumed everyone started the gcses/ a levels at the same time across the country
same!! i didn't know people started at 9 :0
Thank youuuu

my state test started at 9 in the morning and went til 12
my state test started at 9 in the morning and went til 12

Oh ye I don’t understand how America has such long test because I swear one of the tests is like 4 hours. My hand is dead in the 1hr45 tests 😭
Oh ye I don’t understand how America has such long test because I swear one of the tests is like 4 hours. My hand is dead in the 1hr45 tests 😭

My hand is basically invincible. That’s 9 years of cello for you, essays are a breeze!
So first week of exams done
This week

RS paper 1 started ok then got worse and most of the 5+12 markers I did badly on so I'm expecting paper 2 to be carrying my grade 6/10

Biology paper 1 was amazing. Some of the questions were a bit odd and one of the 5 markers I've not realised that I messed up on but overall much better 8.5/10

Next week

english lit (pride and prejudice + much ado about nothing) expecting it to be 6.5/10 because Shakespeare.

Computing paper 1 expecting it to be 7.5/10 because last year it was atrocious

maths paper 1 expecting it to be 7/10 because I always mess up on non calculator the most basic calculations

RS paper 2 expecting 7/10 because I prefer themes and know more quotes

chemistry paper 1 expecting it to be 6.5/10 because its just so difficult and the topics and calculations 😭

geography paper 1 expecting it to be 7/10 because physical isn't too bad but the case studies are scary

Other

our exam actually started 10 minutes early today so I got to go home earlier

currently procrastinating chemsitry revision

GOOD LUCK to everyone who has exams next week and I hope everyone does amazinglyyy 🩶

(edited 2 months ago)
3 tests
3 hours allotted per
2 parts per test (multiple choice/performance task)
but my tests are on the computer so that helps :smile:
This week

RS paper 1 started ok then got worse and most of the 5+12 markers I did badly on so I'm expecting paper 2 to be crrying my grade 6/10

Biology paper 1 was amazing. Some of the questions were a bit odd and one of the 5 markers I've not realised that I messed up on but overall much better 8.5/10

Next week

english lit (pride and prejudice + much ado about nothing) expecting it to be 6.5/10 because Shakespeare.

maths paper 1 expecting it to be 7/10 because I always mess up on non calculator the most basic calculations

chemistry paper 1 expecting it to be 6.5/10 because its just so difficult and the topics and calculations 😭

geography paper 1 expecting it to be 7/10 because physical isn't too bad but the case studies are scary

Other

GOOD LUCK to everyone who has exams next week and I hope everyone does amazinglyyy 🩶

good luck for your tests next week, i'm sure you'll do amazing, personally i think it's ok to procrastinate on fridays because you always have the weekend to catch up that's usually what i do lol :biggrin:
but remember to take breaks and stay positive! :smile:
good luck for your tests next week, i'm sure you'll do amazing, personally i think it's ok to procrastinate on fridays because you always have the weekend to catch up that's usually what i do lol :biggrin:
but remember to take breaks and stay positive! :smile:

Thank youuuu
I did a bit of chemistry but then I d decided to stop and leave it for the weekend
This week

RS paper 1 started ok then got worse and most of the 5+12 markers I did badly on so I'm expecting paper 2 to be crrying my grade 6/10

Next week

Other

i'm so glad the first set of exams went alright, i hope aqa are being nicer this year!! good luck on your revision, so so proud of you ❤️
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply