The Student Room Group

Placement year in uni

Hi everyone!

I am currently going into 2nd year uni and want to start looking for a placement year but my alevel results aren’t the highest (BBC) so I was just wondering wether this will severely limit my potential places I can apply to,

Thank you!!
Reply 1
Original post by Ininat
Hi everyone!

I am currently going into 2nd year uni and want to start looking for a placement year but my alevel results aren’t the highest (BBC) so I was just wondering wether this will severely limit my potential places I can apply to,

Thank you!!

No it won't - they will be more interested in your predicted degree.

Look here for ideas: https://www.ratemyplacement.co.uk/
Original post by Ininat
Hi everyone!

Thank you!!

Hey @Ininat,

Which course are you studying? Are you asking about applying for a placement year?

I studied Psychology at Kent and did a placement year. Usually, when applying for placement year at university, the placement people look for more than your grades. They ask about why you want to do that placement but I have only gone through the process as a psychology student so it might be a bit different if you are in a different course.

Let me know if you know how you apply for placements at your university and any questions you may have that I might be able to answer! :smile:

It is best to ask your university as they would be able to give you a definite answer! I can only discuss my experience of placements.

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
Original post by Ininat
Hi everyone!

Thank you!!

Hi!

This may vary depending on the company but when I was applying for placement years they only really asked about my grades at uni and they weren't very focused on A-Levels. Most companies are more interested in your skills so if you can demonstrate your skills well that will help more than grades in applications and interviews!

Good luck with your placement search!
Florence (Lancaster University student ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest