The Student Room Group

Personal Statement

Hii, I’m in yr12 currently and I’d like to study English at Cambridge, I wanna get ahead and think about my personal statement but I have no idea what to include, my mind is blank and I’m worried that when it comes to the time for me to actually write it up I’ll have no idea what to say. Any advice would be really helpful, Thanksss
Reply 1
Watch videos on how to structure it on YouTube and talk to your form teacher
Original post by winxx33
Hii, I’m in yr12 currently and I’d like to study English at Cambridge, I wanna get ahead and think about my personal statement but I have no idea what to include, my mind is blank and I’m worried that when it comes to the time for me to actually write it up I’ll have no idea what to say. Any advice would be really helpful, Thanksss

Look at what is covered by the course at Cambridge and then try to find time to find out more about those topics and sources.
Read, attend plays, watch recordings of plays and other adaptations.

Keep a diary of what you read and watch and listen to and make notes about anything that you find interesting or difficult or surprising or boring.

Let your curiosity and interest guide you - then it won’t feel like an extra burden and when you write about what you’ve done then your genuine enthusiasm will come through

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending