If you were applying for a job at B&Q... Watch

This discussion is closed.
Toy Soldier
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
What would you write in the box that says "tell us a little bit more about how your skills and experiences will benefit the team"?

It's very confusing. I'm only applying for a bloody "move heavy stuff around, hulk smash" job and you don't need any formal skills or qualifications other than being strong... but they use the same application form for every position in the whole store. From managers to shelf stackers to those old people that greet you on the way in.

Should I just write about how nice and brilliant I am, and how I'm such a quick & enthusiastic learner?
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by pig)
Do the joke about how you got banned from Homebase because an assistant asked if you wanted decking so you hit him first.
ha ha ha ha ha
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by pig)
Do the joke about how you got banned from Homebase because an assistant asked if you wanted decking so you hit him first.
You think that would work? Maybe the droll comedy mixed with the fact that I'm banned from Homebase would make me the perfect candidate.

Hmm. It's risky - but at least my application would stand out.
bex207
Report 13 years ago
Hey i work at Homebase
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Talk about how good you look on camera You could be in the next laminate flooring/power drill advert
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Toy Soldier)
What would you write in the box that says "tell us a little bit more about how your skills and experiences will benefit the team"?
"I can do it if I B&Q it."
(That's what I'd put anyway).
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Should I just write about how nice and brilliant I am, and how I'm such a quick & enthusiastic learner?
If you've had a job before try and single out an experience where you were really good in a team/with a customer and write it down and how it helped - having a story is a bit better than just saying you're brilliant (but don't forget to state your brilliance as well )
Acaila
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by englishstudent)
"I can do it if I B&Q it."
(That's what I'd put anyway).
Yeah put that!
DRWallace
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

It's very confusing. I'm only applying for a bloody "move heavy stuff around, hulk smash" job and you don't need any formal skills or qualifications other than being strong... but they use the same application form for every position in the whole store. From managers to shelf stackers to those old people that greet you on the way in.

Do that. I did that when I applied to Focus DIY. Got the job. Hated it tho. I'm only 5 foot 4 and built like a skelf so lifting things ain't my strong point.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1388)
79.59%
Leave (356)
20.41%

Watched Threads