The Student Room Group

Re-applying

I am going to be taking a gap year and re-siting two of my A levels. Obviously as a private candidate it is unlikely my referee (ex head of year) would be able to give me predicted grades, therefore I was wondering how does this work in terms of getting offers. I got BBB and want to apply to AAB uni's- will they assume that this is what I'm going for?
Original post by emmap27x
I am going to be taking a gap year and re-siting two of my A levels. Obviously as a private candidate it is unlikely my referee (ex head of year) would be able to give me predicted grades, therefore I was wondering how does this work in terms of getting offers. I got BBB and want to apply to AAB uni's- will they assume that this is what I'm going for?

Generally universities will assume that someone resitting is expecting to increase their results by a grade at least.

If you’re worried then speak to the universities you’re hoping to apply for.

Also speak to your referee. They might not be willing to add in a formal prediction but they might be willing to put a sentence in your reference explaining that you’re aiming for AA from your resits.
Reply 2
You will need to list your achieved grades, and then relist these resit subjects under 'pending'.
If you reapply through your school, they can add your new predicted grades and add a new school reference.
Contact them and ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending