Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have two questions about the english lang/lit as level:

1. next year will I be able to continue the A2 but doing the english language and literature seperatley instead of combined which im doin now?

2. How does the grading system work? i.e when do the grade begin to be less accepted at universities, compared to the standard A-C at GCSE level?

Thanks very much 2 any one who replies

luv me xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lady_V)

1. next year will I be able to continue the A2 but doing the english language and literature seperatley instead of combined which im doin now?

luv me xx
    Heya, I do doubt you'll be able to do that as you wont have covered all the areas of English Lang + Lit that you'll need for a full AS Level. You also will not be able to go on to seperates in A2 without doing seperate AS Levels.

(Original post by lady_V)

2. How does the grading system work? i.e when do the grade begin to be less accepted at universities, compared to the standard A-C at GCSE level?

Thanks very much 2 any one who replies

luv me xx
    I don't think you'll be able to do the subjects separately, as you won't have done the same syllabus as those doing two A levels, or covered as many topics. I get the impression that Lang/ Lit/ Combined are 3 completely different courses.

I don't think there is such a divide as there is at GCSE, or at least one so simple anyway. It's really just a question of whether you get the grades of your offer.

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ That was me, just got kicked out, for some reason.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.