The Student Room Group

Failed year 1

Hello I have recently failed 2 assignments one was a resubmission second attempt. And also 2 clinicla placements one due to illness the other mental health issues. I have put in extenuating circumstances but do not know If this will be approved or will I most likely fail altogether
Reply 1
Original post by Linzi44
Hello I have recently failed 2 assignments one was a resubmission second attempt. And also 2 clinicla placements one due to illness the other mental health issues. I have put in extenuating circumstances but do not know If this will be approved or will I most likely fail altogether

Sorry I forgot to say I am a year 1 adult nursing Student
Original post by Linzi44

I would like you to not worry too much as it will only give you more stress. The main thing you need to look at is what your university says. In some cases you can progress onto year 2 as long as you pass 100 credits and repeat the module you failed. Its seems like it was assignments from one module. Now I'm not sure what your university policy is but on Monday ask them if you have some student services that could help you.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Linzi44
Sorry I forgot to say I am a year 1 adult nursing Student

In that case I advise you to contact your course leader or student services. Have you used up all your resit attempts? For some assignments you can have 3 if its early in the year. Are you someone who started in the spring May intake because September is pretty early in the year.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 4
I started last September 2022
Reply 5
Original post by RoseCube
I would like you to not worry too much as it will only give you more stress. The main thing you need to look at is what your university says. In some cases you can progress onto year 2 as long as you pass 100 credits and repeat the module you failed. Its seems like it was assignments from one module. Now I'm not sure what your university policy is but on Monday ask them if you have some student services that could help you.

My university say I haven't even got 50 credits so will this mean I have to leave the university
Reply 6
Original post by RoseCube
In that case I advise you to contact your course leader or student services. Have you used up all your resit attempts? For some assignments you can have 3 if its early in the year. Are you someone who started in the spring May intake because September is pretty early in the year.

I have used up 2 out of 3 resits im sure I get 3 but I just can't seem to pass them
Original post by Linzi44
My university say I haven't even got 50 credits so will this mean I have to leave the university

I see, how many credits was the course all together? You don't have to necessarily leave university. But you may have to repeat the year. As usually passing 80 to 100 credits is what required to progress depending on the university. If you passed all you other modules I'm going to presume this module was worth alot of credits?
I am not experienced on medical related degrees as they sometimes have placements (sorry if I'm wrong 😭) I would email them about your circumstances to see if they could allow to to repeat the year.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending