(Original post by skagirl)
I wanna be a rockstar!
yeah, so does everybody
BigDog04
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I wanna be PEte Docherty - excluding the cocaine !
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I want to be Morrissey but its not going to happen.

I want to be a technology consultant advising clients on how to use the latest technology within their organisation in an accessible way, I realise this will take ages but when I have masters and plenty of work experience it will probably happen.
PublicSchoolAnn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I want to be a pro skater. Yeah Tony Hawk!
Sparkle1984
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I want to be a web-developer!! It's my dream job.
RiceCrispie
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sparkle1984)
Build up a portfolio and you'll be well on your way.
RiceCrispie
Report 14 years ago
LOL I love that movie! =)
rainjan_4now
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i wanna be the scientist who independently found the cure for cancer.......

yeah, keep dreaming :rolleyes:
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So I do too, but its quite difficult to get into, you need education, experience, and a good portfolio before you can get a good job out of it.

Portfolios are more for web design jobs though, web development is a totaly different job, that is more concerned with back end programming.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I want to work for Sky Sports
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Irrespective as to my career aspirations: I should rather like to hunt chavs, in an amateur capacity. Hopefully, my pastime wouldn't warrant the same allegations of 'gratuitous cruelty' as have lately contributed to a ban on fox-hunting; notwithstanding, of course, that any social benefits would be far more immediately and ostensibly apparent. Once general consensus esteems the value inherent in such a service, perhaps I could make a professional run of it; however, failing that, I'd be quite content to plump for a litigious role.

Yes, well; one can always dream.
RiceCrispie
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by AT82)
So I do too, but its quite difficult to get into, you need education, experience, and a good portfolio before you can get a good job out of it.

Portfolios are more for web design jobs though, web development is a totaly different job, that is more concerned with back end programming.
The best thing to do is to get training within a company, then team up with some friends. Or even work for yourself.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by RiceCrispie)
The best thing to do is to get training within a company, then team up with some friends. Or even work for yourself.
Been there done that, they all seem to want degrees, plus its good to have a more general computing background because the market is always changing, thats the big problem with training, they tend to lack theory, its all about how to the job now, not how to the job in 2010.

Its not just about being able to program in ASP.NET and being able to write HTML/CSS.

You can do it by yourself but the market is very volitle, you woud have to be very lucky to get a steady income from it. If I was to setup my own business it would not be web development even though this my area of expertise.
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by skagirl)
I wanna be a rockstar!
Wow, bet you'll be the first rock star with a geography degree
I want to be...umm....
Sparkle1984
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by RiceCrispie)
Working for myself is what I'm thinking of doing if I can't find a job in an existing company. Regarding what AT82 said about having to be very lucky to earn a steady income from it, I have to say that I'm not really a materialistic person, and so it won't bother me too much, as long as I'm doing a job which I enjoy.

You spend a significant proportion of your life at work, so I think it makes sense to do something you enjoy, even though it may be difficult at first.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
67.47%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
10.84%

Watched Threads