Isn't it annoying how some unis take longer than others? Watch

This discussion is closed.
JackieS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I had my interview and offer from St Georges within 2 weeks of making my application, plus 1 rejection by christmas.......but the other 2 just seem to be taking sooooooooooooo long!!

I swear I wasn't this impatient when I applied for my 1st degree!
Noel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Tell me about it!!! I haven't heard from Birmingham yet, although I think I've already made my mind up. I rang them up to see how long it will take, and they were very obnoxious (sp?) felt like telling them to sod their application! :mad:
JackieS
Rep:
?
well KCL told me that the applications had gone to be considered 3 weeks before xmas and I still haven't heard anything which I find strange,
Sam_B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i would refer u to the "COME ON Durham!" thread in the durham section.

some poor people have been waiting for 4 months for their offers!
JackieS
Rep:
?
awwww and I thought 2 months was bad!!!

what on earth takes so long?!

At least when I applied for my first degree I had my a-levels to distract me - now I have nothing which is probably why I'm so impatient!
Kirsten
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
I'm the same I'm only waiting for Manchester, I am getting really annoyed and it prob won't be my firm or insurance choice either. But I cant accept anything until I hear from them I am seriously thinking about just withdrawing my application from them.
JackieS
Rep:
?
well if you're sure you don't wanna go then why not.....!
Kirsten
Report 14 years ago
Yeah well I kinda want to see what they say.

Thing is if I didnt get an offer from my first choice of Lincoln, Manchester would have been my next choice but Lincoln have offered me a place with grades that are lower than any of my others so I won't even be able to have an insurance choice.

I think I'm gonna give them till Monday or Tuesday then I'm withdrawing my application, and I'm planning on telling them its that they've taken so long in making a decision!!
nas7232
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I know how you feel

I had an interview @ ucl 7th jan. They said 2 weeks i will know, took them over 3 weeks to send me a letter which was with a 2nd class stamp. The letter said i have an offer and i will know in another 2 weeks ish. Ish meaning that it will take 3 weeks +. Argh
Madinina
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm still wondering why York are taking so long, I can understand LSE or Warwick, but York should reply faster!!
annabellewalter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Don't even start me on nottingham. Been waiting months and months.
hazzie1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm considering withdrawing my application as well, but then I think I'll always wonder whether others let me in. I've got 2 offers and 2 rejections, and I'm not happy - I've been waiting 3 months and nothing.
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sam_B)
i would refer u to the "COME ON Durham!" thread in the durham section.

some poor people have been waiting for 4 months for their offers!

It's especially annoying when it is your favourite university and they send you different information to other applicants for your course! :mad:
JackieS
Rep:
?
how different?
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well they told me they would get back to me by the end of February but they told at least two other people who have applied for the same course that they would get back to them by the end of March.
JackieS
Rep:
?
(Original post by SiAnY)
Well they told me they would get back to me by the end of February but they told at least two other people who have applied for the same course that they would get back to them by the end of March.
weird!
Noel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Noel)
I haven't heard from Birmingham yet, although I think I've already made my mind up. I rang them up to see how long it will take, and they were very obnoxious (sp?) felt like telling them to sod their application! :mad:
After tracking my UCAS today, I found they have given me an offer! I can choose my firm and insurance now
Hang on in there guys and gals, I felt like withdrawing my application, but a little bit of time and it came. (Little bit of time=4 months.)
Kirsten
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by hazzie1)
I'm considering withdrawing my application as well, but then I think I'll always wonder whether others let me in. I've got 2 offers and 2 rejections, and I'm not happy - I've been waiting 3 months and nothing.
Very similer I have two offers, two rejections and so far 1 withdrawal (was asked for an interview and didnt see the point of going the fact I had had an offer from my first choice)

If I withdraw from Manchester I suppose i'll have one of each!!!

But again I would like to know if they would give me an offer, but dont know how long I can really wait. Knowing my luck and I'll wait another two months then they'll decide to reject me anyway.
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
Manchester told me I would hear from them after the new year...

Which New Year do they mean? It could really be any time :p:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (130)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.17%
Not great so far... (256)
35.85%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.77%

Watched Threads