?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by drunk7daysaweek)
University of Toronto gives okay for shemale washrooms

Thats it, I want my own washroom for drunks only

Well, have you heard of this before:
Navy Technician Becomes Services' First Satanist

By Rachel Williams, PA News

A Royal Navy non-commissioned officer has become the first registered Satanist in the British Armed Forces, it emerged tonight.

Naval technician Chris Cranmer has been officially recognised as a Satanist by the captain of HMS Cumberland, meaning he will be allowed to perform Satanic rituals on board.

He is now reportedly lobbying the Ministry of Defence to make Satanism a registered religion in the Armed Forces, although an MoD spokesman said it was not aware of any approach about the issue.

Ldg Hand Cranmer, 24, is from Edinburgh and has been in the Navy for four years, according to the Sunday Telegraph.

He was promoted leading hand – the naval equivalent of corporal – in July last year.

He told the paper he realised he was a Satanist nine years ago when he “stumbled across” a copy of the Satanic Bible – written by Church of Satan founder Anton Szandor LaVey.

“I then read more and more and came to realise I’d always been a Satanist, just simply never knew,” he said.

A spokesman for the Royal Navy said: “We are an equal opportunities employer and we don’t stop anybody from having their own religious values.

“Chris Cranmer approached his captain and made a request to be registered as a Satanist.

“This involved a formal stand-up approach, made in front of an audience, saying that he wanted to register as a Satanist and to practise his religious beliefs.

“The Royal Navy allows this kind of approach because it is clearly in line with current regulations.

“We are not aware of any other individuals who want to be registered as Satanists.

“Our policy is that, wherever practical, reasonable requests for time and facilities that do not impact on operational effectiveness or the welfare of other personnel, are met.

“The captain said that this decision was entirely up to the individual and that he is a good lad, a good worker on board.”

The Church of Satan was established in San Francisco in 1966 and LaVey was its high priest until his death in 1997.

Followers live by the Nine Satanic Statements, which include “Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence”, “Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek” and “Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification”.

Ldh Hand Cranmer told the newspaper being a Satanist gave him “the freedom of religion I wanted despite its controversial nature”.
The world is changing, wheather we like it or not :rolleyes:
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 14 years ago
University of Toronto gives okay for shemale washrooms

Thats it, I want my own washroom for drunks only
i believe its a joke...
Bezza
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Opening the 1st April - sounds like a joke to me
Toy Soldier
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by canuck)
Well, have you heard of this before:

The world is changing, wheather we like it or not :rolleyes:
Sounds fair enough to me. I personally see no distinction between allowing people to practise Christianity, Islam, Buddhism etc. and allowing this guy to be a Satanist.

If they don't allow that religion - and it is a religion - then they can't reasonably allow any others.
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Haha quality find mate.
drunk7daysaweek
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
love the sign too
JaF
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
love the sign too
It looks like it was made in paint!
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It might even be mildly amusing, were it not for the fact that it seems to have been typed in 'muppetish'.
roff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
prude...:rolleyes:
Carelesswhispers
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
personally dont care, in france the service station female toilets broke so we went in the men's. dodgy thing was that guys came in and used the urinals with us washing our hands. as long as u dont hav urinals its fine
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.3%
No (214)
76.7%

Watched Threads