The Student Room Group

Student finance

My student finance is ready to be paid but my brother died suddenly in september due to bereavement I have not been able to start I have had covid since and also been diagnosed with depression since his death is there anything I can do to get my payments released as I do not receive any other benefit. I also have 2 dependant children
Original post by trent250519
My student finance is ready to be paid but my brother died suddenly in september due to bereavement I have not been able to start I have had covid since and also been diagnosed with depression since his death is there anything I can do to get my payments released as I do not receive any other benefit. I also have 2 dependant children

Hi Trent,

Are you going to be studying this year? If so, your payment will be released once the university sends us 'confirmation of registration' and this then takes 3-5 working days to be paid to you. If you speak to them directly and ask them to send this over. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Trent,

Are you going to be studying this year? If so, your payment will be released once the university sends us 'confirmation of registration' and this then takes 3-5 working days to be paid to you. If you speak to them directly and ask them to send this over. Thanks, Jason

I have not started yet how will I receive payment
Original post by trent250519
I have not started yet how will I receive payment

You wouldn't until you start (or if you start). We schedule payments and the university release these when you start your course. If you speak to them directly for advice on this. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply