Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    having seen PS (& hopefully given Gansta some thinsg to ponder in case the post interview result is bad news..) i'd be inclined to agree with you.

i really don't think - other than the minimum that med. schools discriminate on GCSEs grades.
    That is what I felt and having just asked around (am sitting in the med school computer room) people I have spoken to seem to think that the GCSE grades are good enough. Anyway I will go with you on the PS as you have seen it . I am so exicited I am disecting the heart today just thought I would put that in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ponjavic)
    Watch your words, some moody people might give you neg rep (should you care)
    Atleast I got some, with the silly explanation that a girl at the person's course had low grades, so that justifies everything.
    Were these comments directed at me? No, I have not given any one negative rep on this thread. In fact I have given quite a few positive ones.

ReputationRep:
    hi there people, if you are having problems getting into a UK medical school, try another EU/EEA country as these degrees are recognised by the WHO and the GMC, this means after being awarded the degree, you will receive the same treatment in the UK just as somebody with a MBBS from say manchester for example. (limited registration)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny_AQA)
    hi there people, if you are having problems getting into a UK medical school, try another EU/EEA country as these degrees are recognised by the WHO and the GMC, this means after being awarded the degree, you will receive the same treatment in the UK just as somebody with a MBBS from say manchester for example. (limited registration)
    Again, Manchester do not offer an MBBS. Please do SOME research of YOUR OWN before "helping" people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Again, Manchester do not offer an MBBS. Please do SOME research of YOUR OWN before "helping" people.
    all medical degrees are the same. it's just the title that's different but has no bearing on anything else.

generalising manchester (and liverpool) as offering an MBBS is fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lame)
    all medical degrees are the same. it's just the title that's different but has no bearing on anything else.

generalising manchester (and liverpool) as offering an MBBS is fine.
    Well I am not disputing that. I just want Danny to get his facts right, however small the detail, before advertising his ideas.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they didn't find your arrogance amusing and thought you were a pompous git.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K_G_UK_1)
    Maybe they didn't find your arrogance amusing and thought you were a pompous git.
    Excuse me?

ReputationRep:
    I said
    ''Maybe they didn't find your arrogance amusing and thought you were a pompous git''

Or it could have been for the simple fact that you can't read a simple post!

ReputationRep:
    I said
    ''Maybe they didn't find your arrogance amusing and thought you were a pompous git''

Oh, right. What do you base your previous quote on? ''Maybe they didn't find your arrogance amusing and thought you were a pompous git''

ReputationRep:
    I said

i do apologise for a reason which i am not sure, a MBBS is a general term for a medical degree, i am clearly pointing out that LSMU's degree is the same as a british medical degree!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Oh, right. What do you base your previous quote on? ''Maybe they didn't find your arrogance amusing and thought you were a pompous git''

You're an arrogant twit, which is evidenced by several of your posts. Read most of your posts and you will see, Mr Visesh!

ReputationRep:
    HERE HERE K G UK 1 !!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, at last a person with more than 1oz of common-sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    i really don't think - other than the minimum that med. schools discriminate on GCSEs grades.
    Sometimes they don't make their minimum requirements clear though. I have yet to see where St. Andrews have written down that they require 7 A's and above at GCSE.

...on saying that, I got an interview at UCL and Barts with GCSE's worse than any other applicant I have seen. It depends on the uni.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.