The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

French Pikachu
hourse? interesting... :biggrin: and brunswick (who is also a girl!) u can also be part of the best land economists ever! lol i'm generous and i think 3 of us can share the prestige! :smile:

Question: what do land economists actually do? (Apart from ride horses, that much is obvious) :biggrin:
irisng
:sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :elefant: :marchmell

:snoozing: :snoozing: :snoozing:

*meow*

Hehehe *smiles innocently as cat hijacks this lovely unsuspecting thread* :marchmell

LOL there is actually a limit on the amount of smilies you can use now! :biggrin: meh I liked going smilie-mad :frown:

yeah, my post was much longer and had more animules... rushda must have edited it :eek:
TakemetoAvalon
Question: what do land economists actually do? (Apart from ride horses, that much is obvious) :biggrin:

Officially they do law, economics and environment!!!
But from what i've seen adn heard from a few Downing land economists i met at my interview they do more sport and drinking than in any other subject coz they ahve the highest amount of free time apparently!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Lol I'll see the truth when i get there but what i cna promise is that i applied for the subject and not for the amount of free time and drinking!!! :biggrin: Lol even though i think i wont mind having less work and more fun then others! :wink:
Reply 183
Willa
i would be very suprised if there wasnt a meetup, since we were the pioneers of such UKL meetups....and they are mostly fun (if a little daunting and suprising in some cases!)

I wanna join the meetup! - meh I'm not at Cambridge though :frown: - just to meet everyone... :rolleyes:

Meeting people online is sorta scary! :biggrin: cus you don't know what to expect! Cus it's like you know the person but you don't know the face - so your mind tells you you don't know this person but really you do! :confused: Although it settles after the first time :biggrin: I think in my case it was simply cus I'd never seen a pic before meeting up :rolleyes: I kept saying "This is soo strange!" - don't think he was impressed... :rolleyes: But meeting him was well cool :biggrin:
By the way Avallon what is a "marchmell" ??? lol coz even though i'm french now i really feel like i dotn speak french! What do u mean by marchmell? It's really intiguing
Reply 185
French Pikachu
By the way Avallon what is a "marchmell" ??? lol coz even though i'm french now i really feel like i dotn speak french! What do u mean by marchmell? It's really intiguing

Marchmell is the lovely ickle cute dancing marshmellow man that's part of your smilies list :wink: Click on "more" and scroll down you'll find a dancing marshmellow man like this: :marchmell
Reply 186
Although Avalon - or Pikachu - what on earth does "dasant" mean? :confused:
French Pikachu
Officially they do law, economics and environment!!!
But from what i've seen adn heard from a few Downing land economists i met at my interview they do more sport and drinking than in any other subject coz they ahve the highest amount of free time apparently!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Lol I'll see the truth when i get there but what i cna promise is that i applied for the subject and not for the amount of free time and drinking!!! :biggrin: Lol even though i think i wont mind having less work and more fun then others! :wink:

oh yeah... sure you didn't take the free time into account at all :wink: :biggrin:
As a science student i'm sure I wont' get as much free time as you!

Marchmell is the lovely ickle cute dancing marshmellow man that's part of your smilies list Click on "more" and scroll down you'll find a dancing marshmellow man like this: :marchmell:
what she said :smile:
irisng

dancing
French Pikachu

how come you don't speak french??? My parents are going to live in Lausanne soon so I will have to learn francais
Reply 190
TakemetoAvalon
how come you don't speak french??? My parents are going to live in Lausanne soon so I will have to learn francais

So how many languages do you speak??

le marchmell dasant... ahhhh the dancing marshmellow :biggrin: seeeee I still remember some French from GCSE... :rolleyes:
TakemetoAvalon
Good Evening. I am not a woman. Many people here seem to think I am. :smile:
My birth date is May 1987

I am called Avalon. Or, my friends call me Matt, Maff, Maffy, Maffew, Gothylocks, Buuuuuuurst, Hack, Witch, "Old Hag" and I have recently acquired the name of Pat. :confused:

OKi there are a few things i dont get ... lol the last smiley in what i quoted from ur message is called "confused" but now I'm the one confused! You wrote ur born in May 1987 but on your profile your born January 5th 1987! :confused: :confused: :confused:

TakemetoAvalon
You have a dual personality? Coool.....

Ahhhhhhhhhh! i get it : you have a dual personality too! lol :biggrin:
irisng

lol it's "dassant" and yeah as Avalon said it means dancing!
Reply 193
White_redrose
Hi all! I was just wondering, has anyone on this board received offers from Pembroke, with a view to starting in 2005? I've been offered a place (AAA) to read History. I'd love to hear back from anyone who hopes to go to Pembroke this October/other historically-minded folks! :-)

Charlotte

P.S
Message for Beatrice: If you are reading this Beatrice, let me know how you got on (RE 9/12/04) - have you been offered a place for Eng Lit? Hope so! :smile:

Yeah I got one for Med, see you in Pem at 2005 then.
TakemetoAvalon

I do speak french, it's my 1st language! It was a bit of irony above! lol :biggrin:

Iris
So how many languages do you speak??

Even though i know this question ws for Avallon I'll answer too :p: i speak french english and i'm getting fluent in spanish...
Reply 195
French Pikachu
I do speak french, it's my 1st language! It was a bit of irony above! lol :biggrin:

Even though i know this question ws for Avallon I'll answer too :p: i speak french english and i'm getting fluent in spanish...

I speak Cantonese and English - know various bits of GCSE French, don't remember any German, and know various bits of Japanese and I know the alphabet and the Chinese words within Japanese :biggrin: I'd love to learn Japanese.
I wanna learn Chinese!!!!!!! Indeed if i dotn meet my offer i'll probably go to Leeds to study EConomics and Chinese wich is a 4 year course with the seocnd year abroad in China! :smile:
White_redrose
Hi all! I was just wondering, has anyone on this board received offers from Pembroke, with a view to starting in 2005? I've been offered a place (AAA) to read History. I'd love to hear back from anyone who hopes to go to Pembroke this October/other historically-minded folks! :-)

Charlotte

P.S
Message for Beatrice: If you are reading this Beatrice, let me know how you got on (RE 9/12/04) - have you been offered a place for Eng Lit? Hope so! :smile:

Once again my list of TSR people migth aswell be usefull:

Pembroke
Fire-faery (English)
Mib (History deferred)
mortalcoil_664 (English)
2776 (Medecine)
White_redrose (History)
TakemetoAvalon
oh yeah... sure you didn't take the free time into account at all :wink: :biggrin:
As a science student i'm sure I wont' get as much free time as you!

Actually i promise that the free time is only bonus! I'm in love with the subject thatt only Cambridge proposes! lol when i was 5 i wanted to be an oceanographer coz i've always lived by the sea and i was obsessed with dolfins, killer wales, sea turttle and i wanted to save them! :rolleyes: lol i was five ... then at 12 i decided that i was too social to work alone and research all day so that i wanted to be a lawyer becoz i loved talking and defending poeple! lol i also think that at some point i saw legally blond and that just influenced me a bit! :biggrin: then at 15 i realised that i didnt want to learn by heart all the penal code ... and that i'd be bored to write essays on it ... and when i started Economics i discovered that i loved the subject and that it was easy to understand for me so i went for Economics at uni or mostly Interrnational or development economics... And then i found Land Economy which regrouped a bit all my interests! This subject was made for me ! lol no really I love what i've read abotu the program plus i know a lot about it coz i do the IB diploma and for that u got to write a 4000 words essay on the topic of ur choice and i chose sustainable development which covers law, economics and environment! That's what got me in Cambridge (or at least a low offer!) :smile:

But the free time will definately stay a + :biggrin: and if i juge by the amount of time scientific students like Camford (It's the 2nd time i refer to him... i know... but I promise I'm not obsessed, it's just the easiest name to remember) spend on this forum, I'd say u'll get free time aswell! :biggrin:
French Pikachu
OKi there are a few things i dont get ... lol the last smiley in what i quoted from ur message is called "confused" but now I'm the one confused! You wrote ur born in May 1987 but on your profile your born January 5th 1987! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Ahhhhhhhhhh! i get it : you have a dual personality too! lol :biggrin:

I was born in 1987, thats all U need to know :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: i don't like putting my real details on the internet...

Actually i promise that the free time is only bonus! I'm in love with the subject thatt only Cambridge proposes! lol when i was 5 i wanted to be an oceanographer coz i've always lived by the sea and i was obsessed with dolfins, killer wales, sea turttle and i wanted to save them! lol i was five ... then at 12 i decided that i was too social to work alone and research all day so that i wanted to be a lawyer becoz i loved talking and defending poeple! lol i also think that at some point i saw legally blond and that just influenced me a bit! then at 15 i realsied that i didnt want to learn by heart all the penal code ... and that i'd be bored to write essays on it ... and when i started Economics i discovered that i loved the topic and that it was easy to udnerstand for me so i went for EConomics at uni or mostly INTErnational or development economcis... And then i found Land Economy which regrouped a bit all my subjects! This subject was made for me ! lol no really plus i know a lot about it coz i do the IB diploma and for that u got to write a 4000 words essay on the topic of ur choice and i chose sustainable development whihc covers law economcis and environment! That's what got me in Cambridge!

But the free time will definately stay a plus and if i juge by the amount of time scientific student like Camford (It's the 2nd time i refer to him... i know... but I promise I'm not obsessed, it's just the easiest name to remember ) spend on this forum, I'd say u'll aswell get free time!

Actually, films have influenced a llot of things I do... for example after seeing I,Robot I wanted to be a detective in New York... or a robot scientist... maybe I can still become one if I pick the maths up at Cam! Now that would be cool...

Oooh ooh I used to do the IB... what HLs and SLs are u doing? What's ur extended essay on?

Latest

Trending

Trending