Queens' all the way:p:

Wow, such use of imagination :rolleyes:
Reply 2001
~Raphael~
Wow, such use of imagination :rolleyes:

:frown:

I am running on very little food+sleep. :bawling:
jd27
If I could work through a book alone and write an essay at the end, doing research myself, I wouldn't mind. It's the endless picking apart of every word that makes it dull and lifeless.

Oh God, yes. Shakespeare can stand up to it, and poetry needs to be done like that, but when the book isn't even that good (The Handmiad's Tale, <coughcough>) then it's just plain awful.
Particularly if you teacher insists on spoon-feeding comments on language throughout the entirity of a play that we actually don't have to make many language comments on.
Total teaching time of language = many lessons
Total teaching time of any literary context, examination of themes, historical context, comparison to other works by playwright = no lessons.

alex -
*thankful his English UMS mark is high enough to be able to coast through his synoptic paper*
Reply 2003
coldfish
You can be posh and Welsh, you strange girl.

PS We just passed 2,000 posts! w00t!

try 15925

that's how many posts in the 2004 thread

:cool:
visesh

:frown: There is a simple solution to such a situation, you know...

Amphetamines... :p:
visesh

Dude, there's a place called the market. And there's another place called the bed...
Reply 2006
Camford
Dude, there's a place called the market. And there's another place called the bed...

meh, i've BEEN in bed and just cant sleep. i think i am too lazy to eat...

beh friday nights
coldfish
You can be posh and Welsh, you strange girl.

shhh! or i'll do to you what i did to you last night.
Reply 2008
xx_ambellina_xx
shhh! or i'll do to you what i did to you last night.

can i watch?
emmm i have no idea what you're talking about but im not going to read through 100 pages to find out! lol
Anyway, I haven't been on this thread in ages, so hi again everyone!
:smile:
She threatened to slap me. To be fair I did shout at her to shut up. :/

15,000? Pfft. Plenty of time - you're a year ahead of us yet!
coldfish
She threatened to slap me. To be fair I did shout at her to shut up. :/

15,000? Pfft. Plenty of time - you're a year ahead of us yet!

to be fair, i was rather irritating.
Reply 2012
wooo past 2000!!
Raph...yeah I think you're Clare or Queens' too!
Can someone show me how to do the rolling text...thanks :cool:
coldfish
Oh God, yes. Shakespeare can stand up to it, and poetry needs to be done like that, but when the book isn't even that good (The Handmiad's Tale, <coughcough>) then it's just plain awful.
Particularly if you teacher insists on spoon-feeding comments on language throughout the entirity of a play that we actually don't have to make many language comments on.
Total teaching time of language = many lessons
Total teaching time of any literary context, examination of themes, historical context, comparison to other works by playwright = no lessons.

alex -
*thankful his English UMS mark is high enough to be able to coast through his synoptic paper*

The synoptic being the one that can't really be spoonfed... :p:
Reply 2014
I hope I'm not in a minority when I say that I am really looking forward to the synoptic paper. :wink: :biggrin: :eek:
coldfish

My baby is growing up! :smile: How emotional :bawling: :biggrin:
I wanna be the one to post the 10000 th post! :biggrin: How old long do u reckon it'll take us to get there? 6 months?
French Pikachu
My baby is growing up! :smile: How emotional :bawling: :biggrin:
I wanna be the one to post the 10000 th post! :biggrin: How old long do u reckon it'll take us to get there? 6 months?

could be. Took us about 10 months to get 15k.
Charlottie
The synoptic being the one that can't really be spoonfed... :p:

I wish I'd been spoonfed for any of my AS modules...some help/support in lessons would've ben nice, lol. Ah well... *is annoyed with school* not long left now - my year leaves next friday, what about you? Anyone finished for study leave already?
Reply 2018
White_redrose
I wish I'd been spoonfed for any of my AS modules...some help/support in lessons would've ben nice, lol. Ah well... *is annoyed with school* not long left now - my year leaves next friday, what about you? Anyone finished for study leave already?

Me, me!! :biggrin: Last day of school was last friday (the 13th! eek! :eek: )
Iv been off school since not fri past, but the one before- I took early retirement without telling them becuase Iv had exams so early!

Latest

Trending

Trending