New Cambridge students October 2005: let's get to know each other! Watch

visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
wooo past 2000!!
Raph...yeah I think you're Clare or Queens' too!
Can someone show me how to do the rolling text...thanks :cool:
minimo, quote this for the code...
French Pikachu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I've been out of school for 7 weeks now and in 3 days i'll finish exams and be on holidays!!!!!!!! :party:
~Raphael~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
wooo past 2000!!
Raph...yeah I think you're Clare or Queens' too!
Can someone show me how to do the rolling text...thanks :cool:
Everyone I know seems to say that! :eek: :cool: :p:
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
thank you...
coldfish
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Charlottie)
The synoptic being the one that can't really be spoonfed... :p:
Exactly!
It's driving me nuts. We did do some vaguely contexty bits today, though.
I'm sort of looking forward to my synoptic, but only because if all goes well I should only actually need about 25/120 on it to get an A overall, so I can relax a bit in it. Thank god that I can, too, I have a 2 1/2 composition exam in the afternoon after it.

Argh - five hours of exams!
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by coldfish)
I had a 20 hours streak last year...
crana9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
your sigs have all got the gay
Finnish guy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Simone de Beauv)
Iv been off school since not fri past, but the one before- I took early retirement without telling them becuase Iv had exams so early!
I've been out of school for a year now! ...But being in the military for 9 months after it was worse, believe me. :eek: But until 24 September I'm free as a bird!
JHutcher
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
becomes more fustrated with school every bus trip there and back (thats three buses)... o what i do for my education lol
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JHutcher)
becomes more fustrated with school every bus trip there and back (thats three buses)... o what i do for my education lol
I think going on my school bus has been quite an experience. (stfu rosie:p: )
Charlottie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Exactly!
It's driving me nuts. We did do some vaguely contexty bits today, though.
I'm sort of looking forward to my synoptic, but only because if all goes well I should only actually need about 25/120 on it to get an A overall, so I can relax a bit in it. Thank god that I can, too, I have a 2 1/2 composition exam in the afternoon after it.

The synoptic is fine if you have a system. For question one, you need to know poetic techniques. For question two, you need to include gender, placement, age, influence, purpose and relate your wider reading to the given extracts. It's fantastic because you can plan your conclusion and introduction before you go in. I wish I could do that twice instead of doing Othello and Keats, doing research off your own back is more fun.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lozza)
haha buses...i got to drive to school, every day, sometimes with small siblings trying to kill each other behind me. i miss my car. bikes dont have windscreen wipers. or windscreens.
Bikes are wonderful things. It allows you to travel faster than any car in a traffice jam . I miss my bike
jd27
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh God, yes. Shakespeare can stand up to it, and poetry needs to be done like that, but when the book isn't even that good (The Handmiad's Tale, <coughcough>) then it's just plain awful.
Particularly if you teacher insists on spoon-feeding comments on language throughout the entirity of a play that we actually don't have to make many language comments on.
Total teaching time of language = many lessons
Total teaching time of any literary context, examination of themes, historical context, comparison to other works by playwright = no lessons.

alex -
*thankful his English UMS mark is high enough to be able to coast through his synoptic paper*
I've actually really enjoyed my synoptic paper precisely because I've done most of it myself. It's the gothic, so I've got to read loads of fun(ny) books and watch loads of great films, and make my own decisions. I've even picked Rebecca (Daphne du Maurier, one of my favourite books!) as my supplementary text. Most of our going through Frankenstein i could ignore though, precisely because it consisted of my crazy irish teacher reading out passages and saying "gothic" emphatically. But hopefully i can coast it too!
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I do AQA, so our synoptic paper is based on pre-release material that we get a few days before the exam…not as fun as Gothic novels lol! Justin – ouch, that’s a long drive, but be heartened by the fact that at least the little Year 5 kid next to you doesn’t try to imitate a mobile ring…I’m serious :eek: (anyone know the Nokia ring that sounds like a toddler laughing?)
platinumki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by visesh)
I'm intrigued
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by platinumki)
I'm intrigued
you don't want to know.
~Raphael~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by platinumki)
I'm intrigued
It's so sordid, I nearly cried
Wasp39
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by visesh)
Ah.... school buses. Happy days - having fruit sald poured down my neck by my 'friend', watching same 'friend' have head glued to seat, opening emergency door at 30mph, getting lost and spending hours in a housing estate trying to get out, my sister being called as a witness when the driver was done for speeding, crashing into railings going round a corner, and quite a lot of RUNNING VERY FAST!!!
~Raphael~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PhilipGarsed)
Ah.... school buses. Happy days - having fruit sald poured down my neck by my 'friend', watching same 'friend' have head glued to seat, opening emergency door at 30mph, getting lost and spending hours in a housing estate trying to get out, my sister being called as a witness when the driver was done for speeding, crashing into railings going round a corner, and quite a lot of RUNNING VERY FAST!!!
lol sounds like a blast!
Wasp39
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Raphael~)
lol sounds like a blast!
I sell comprehensive state education so well, don't I? :rolleyes:

It was a good school though

honest.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.29%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.92%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed