Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Damn you. :P

ReputationRep:
    I'll need more than just good luck to do well in my exams... I need terrific luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beeblebrox87)
    I'M FREE!!!

Good luck on your exams, everybody who still has them.
    don't u still have step? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    I'll need more than just good luck to do well in my exams... I need terrific luck.
    Perhaps we just upgrade the standard message from "Good Luck" to "Terrific Luck" then, so as to include everyone?

ReputationRep:
    Physics is done!

And it wasn't too bad... :confused:

3 down: 1 to go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beeblebrox87)
    I'M FREE!!!

Good luck on your exams, everybody who still has them.
    I still have all mine to come! *sighs*

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=minimo]

Indeed, he probably realised half way through that you were on full marks and so didn't need to read the rest! So be proud, plus the top 5 thing (if its AQA) is worldwide, not just out of UK candidates, *heaves chest proudly* I speak from experience m'dear.

No-one's beaten MY record though, 26 sides in GCSE History!!!!!!! :eek: :cool:[/QUOTE

26 sides is exremely impressive! In how much time did you do it? I did my first A2 History module today- the last time I ever have to write about the Nazis after 6 years of studying them- yay!
    For the first time in my life I didn't have to ask for extra paper- I'm convinced they've increased the number of pages in an answer booklet (I did 15 in an hour and a half). Oh it was a really easy paper and I'm so relieved
    lol thanks re top 5 thing- you said you've come across all the others- what are they doing? Are any of them doing English at Cambridge next year?

ReputationRep:
    Let's be clear about one thing.

Nothing, but nothing, tops a top 5 in general studies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)

:hahaha:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    :hahaha:
    Just wait till you get here dude... the real terror starts then.

ReputationRep:

I quite agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Just wait till you get here dude... the real terror starts then.
    Yeah. Camfo's had a really hard time. If you don't have a top 5 in GS, all the other students think you're really thick and pick on you and insult you all the time. and lecturers point you out in the audience and give people rotten fruit to throw at you. and eggs.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Camfo's had a really hard time. If you don't have a top 5 in GS, all the other students think you're really thick and pick on you and insult you all the time. and lecturers point you out in the audience and give people rotten fruit to throw at you. and eggs.
    what about paper airplanes?

ReputationRep:
    they;re reserved for trinity. he didn't get a top 5 ether.

ReputationRep:
    Of course he didn't, he wasn't even in this country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugarplumc)
    lol thanks re top 5 thing- you said you've come across all the others- what are they doing? Are any of them doing English at Cambridge next year?
    Ironically, no! Three were from my school, one's off to someplace in the southern hemisphere, one to somewhere across the Atlantic, one rejected from Cambs for an unrelated subject, you and moi

Who IS this elusive person???

ReputationRep:
    wait and see.

this is irrelevant but Im reading stupid stories about people's kids and I'm cracking up

Reminds me of my kid. He didn't want bedtime STORIES. He wanted to hear a book called "Comparisons" which was all about what is the tallest, fastest, slowest, oldest, and so on. So we read that over and over year after year until I thought I would scream. When he went to bed in his crib, he had his stuffed toys, his teddy, his Mickey Mouse, his Snoopy--and a laminated copy of the periodic table of the elements. He also insisted on eating his dinner on a periodic table of the elements place mat. Apparently MIT was calling his name from birth.

I was always trying to stimulate his imagination, so one day when he was very small I suggested that we play at being pirates. He just looked up and said in a withering tone, "Mother, you are NOT a pirate." Well, I guess I couldn't argue with that.......

----------------------

Michael is into everything God-related right now. He apparently hangs out in Heaven in his spare time and helps God keep the place clean. A couple weeks ago we were on our way to his class picnic when the sky clouded up and it started to look like it was going to rain.
    He said he was going to ask God to not let it rain on his picnic, so he said a little prayer, then told me, "God said he made it cloudy because the sun was in His eyes and He couldn't see the people."

--------------

My 9 month old daughter is fascinated with The Price Is Right. I usually have the TV on through the morning, sort of half paying attention to the local morning news as I get both of us up and ready for the day. PiR comes on after the news, and she is just hypnotized. When I shut off the TV, she has a fit. I try telling her to "calm on down". Too bad she doesn't get my humor just yet.

-------------------------

When he was a baby/toddler/preschooler, he was obsessed with game shows and watched the Game Show Network constantly. For about 3 or 4 months when he was 3 or so, he called himself "Krause Rayburn" and would only answer to that name and spoke only in gameshow terminology/cadence.

"I'll have potatoes for $300, Lisa!"
    --------------------
    We don't watch TV here, but my 3yo's favorite bedtime story is instructions. Any type of instructions, it doesn't matter. Out of all the audio cassettes we have to listen to - songs, stories, etc. he chooses Russian transcription. I can't figure him out.

-----------------
    When Aidan was about three, his favorite game was Swiper the Sneaky Fox (from Dora, for the uninitiated). He'd sneak up to Meredith (who was a baby then) and pull off her socks, toss them behind the TV cabinet, and say "it's too--oo late! you'll never find them now!" I lost LOTS of baby socks that year.

ReputationRep:

How do they decide who gets a top 5 thing anyway Rosie? Surely lots of people must get 100% in all modules in the odd subject. Isabel got 100% in General Studies BTW..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    How do they decide who gets a top 5 thing anyway Rosie? Surely lots of people must get 100% in all modules in the odd subject. Isabel got 100% in General Studies BTW..
    RAW mark dude, raw mark...

Besides, GS stinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)

i didnt even get 100% UMS for egeneral studies.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 13, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.