Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Aww poor u! But think that'll soon be over and that then u'll have all the summer to have fun! Plus time passes very fast and the more effort and hard work u put in now the better will it be when it'll all be over coz u'll fell so relieved, believe me on this one I've been to the beach for the past 3 days with a bunch of friends and now i have another 60 hours of partying non stop including the Grad party! Just think about how good ull feel when it'll all be over and that u should give u motivation! (at least that's the only motivation i managed to get ) Good luck guys *hugs everyone*

ReputationRep:
    Resits are great lol.... means retards like me can do lots and completely alter his final A-Level marks... i did 7 in january and have 2 this summer! and i don't even do a maths or science subject which seem to make up the most retakes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by French Pikachu)
    Aww poor u! But think that'll soon be over and that then u'll have all the summer to have fun! ... Good luck guys *hugs everyone*
    All the summer? All the summer? To have fun? To have fun? Which planet are you from? (:eek: at /me. Read it in "skeptical-sketchy" Stephen Fry voice)

Hey dude, don't be so sad
    Take a bad exam
    And make it better
    Remember, not to let it into your heart,
    Then you can start, to make it better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JHutcher)
    Resits are great lol.... means retards like me can do lots and completely alter his final A-Level marks... i did 7 in january and have 2 this summer! and i don't even do a maths or science subject which seem to make up the most retakes.
    Ah, see, I was only allowed one resit in January, which almost doubles the workload this summer.

ReputationRep:
    My school are really ant-resits so they put loads of pressure on last year and then only would allow summer resits so if you want to resit you would have to beg another school/centre to allow you to there...too much bother though.

ReputationRep:
    meh... i don't know anyone in my sixth-form who didn't resit at least one module... in fact i would go as far as to say that it is highly encouraged.

My last day at school today and i have £15 of book tokens to show for seven years... oh yeah and a place at cambirdge but hey.

two weeks till my first offer subject exam... oh dear

ReputationRep:
    we're not allowed to do january resits either; I don't understand why. I resat my German oral, reading and writing even though I got an A last year. I'm going to fail miserably this year though, so I need all the marks I can get!
    JHutcher- I didn't even get £15 book tokens- we were all thrown out of school a day before our scheduled study leave in disgrace after all the pranks we were playing during the last week

ReputationRep:
    Half way through exams Come on June 9th!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simone de Beauv)
    Half way through exams Come on June 9th!
    show off... my first isn't till the 15th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugarplumc)
    JHutcher- I didn't even get £15 book tokens- we were all thrown out of school a day before our scheduled study leave in disgrace after all the pranks we were playing during the last week

ahh thats crappy... you can have £7.50 of my book tokens if you want?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JHutcher)
    meh... i don't know anyone in my sixth-form who didn't resit at least one module... in fact i would go as far as to say that it is highly encouraged.

My last day at school today and i have £15 of book tokens to show for seven years... oh yeah and a place at cambirdge but hey.

two weeks till my first offer subject exam... oh dear
    Ditto, except mine was for £10, AND we had to buy the damn book ourselves, send it into school and then wait until it was presented to us on prize day....

I was 'this' close to getting a copy of "The Joy of Sex", to be presented to me by the Head naturally, but settled in the end for a paperback on Islamic Terrorism...

There are pupils from one school who get a £1000 prize from the school as some kind of prize for their Oxbridge places....money that could perhaps be better spent on bursaries methinks

ReputationRep:
    Surely those applying to Oxbridge are those least in need of motivation by bribe?
    Stupid.

ReputationRep:
    LOL applying to oxbridge was an effort.. i was in the 'unlikely to get a place group'... me and another girl... and she got a place at Oxford and I at Cambridge... how wrong could my head be...lol

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get anything, for anything from my school. Except a barbeque, but we even had to pay for that from the proceeds of the last sixth form p***-up. All good fun though...

ReputationRep:
    You had an "unlikely to get a place" group? :|

In our school that was coincidentally the girls applying to Oxford, but shhh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coldfish)

It was? How bizarre...the impression I got, it included me, too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coldfish)

yes officially part of the oxbridge gorup... who weren't invited to all the oxbridge meetings.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear Lord, my Eng Lit synoptic was super hard. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    aww don't worry ...just had Economics it was all smiles !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simone de Beauv)
    Oh dear Lord, my Eng Lit synoptic was super hard. :eek:
    ...waaah.

I'm not even going to look at my synoptic stuff until after my first group of exams are over. :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 13, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.