Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    So how many languages do you speak??

le marchmell dasant... ahhhh the dancing marshmellow seeeee I still remember some French from GCSE... :rolleyes:
    One! I am monolingual. I can do quite a bit of German though, and I'd like to learn some othe languages soon... French, Japanese mebbe you know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TakemetoAvalon)
    Oooh ooh I used to do the IB... what HLs and SLs are u doing? What's ur extended essay on?
    lol for my HL and SL look at my signature!
    for my extended essay (EE), that's the 4000 words essay i was talking about just above! So yeah my EE is on the sustainable development of the Amazon rainforest in Brazil! Great fun!!! and this is not ironic i loved it!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I'm Charlotte and (grades depending) I'll be reading English at Trinity Hall in October. I love English, blah blah blah, and want to end up as a journalist (hopefully sports). I currently work for a radio station called Hallam FM, where I write match reports for Rotherham United and talk about them on air on occasion. I dance, blah blah blah. I'm really not that interesting, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    One! I am monolingual. I can do quite a bit of German though, and I'd like to learn some othe languages soon... French, Japanese mebbe you know...
    Yeh I can never be bothered to actually learn the vocab and the grammar though :rolleyes: but I do like learning languages - it's the work I don't wanna put the work in If I did I'd probably be speaking a minor bit of French and maybe Japanese by now Stupid of me really cus with Japanese I have an advantage in that I already half the words and writing is no problem for me.

Monolingual is good I was monolingual until I came to England I ought to give Mandarin a try some time... then I'd be trilingual!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by French Pikachu)
    Once again my list of TSR people migth aswell be usefull:

Pembroke
    Fire-faery (English)
    Mib (History deferred)
    mortalcoil_664 (English)
    2776 (Medecine)
    White_redrose (History)
    That's quite a lot people going to Pembroke. There are only 3 in my year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilipGarsed)
    I am yet another Flute/Picc/Piano player, and another person who is going deaf as a result! (platinumki, I’m flattered that you thought my piccolo joke was worth repeating, and you did a good job of passing it off as your own )!
    You know, I have a reputation on this board - just up and destroy it, why don't you! :aetsch: Fine, Philip told me the piccolo joke. :hmpf: But, he didn't tell me this one....

What is the range of a piccolo?

Oh, about twenty yards on a good day.

(Original post by Charlottie)
    Hiya, I'm Charlotte ...I'm really not that interesting, anyway.
    Come on, the competition to be the most interesting isn't hard - I just toldyet another cliched piccolo joke.... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

Sukisyo!!!

ReputationRep:
    I think the problem is that most of us have either been obsessed closeted academics or harbour obsessions that impressed the profs. at interivew... or we would be going somewhere else. Mine would be political, religious interests... that and a small obsession with all my subjects and a desire to study bibical Grekk!

ReputationRep:

Sukisyo!!!
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! - they're Sukisyo? - awwwwwwwwwwwww cuuuute!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JHutcher)
    I think the problem is that most of us have either been obsessed closeted academics or harbour obsessions that impressed the profs...
    "Closeted Academic" hmm... would sound great as a job description :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm the only Cambridge reject left still posting and active on this sub-forum... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    I think I'm the only Cambridge reject left still posting and active on this sub-forum... :eek:
    irsing... i was posting 30 days after the pool with no news so i am sure its ok... where are you planning to go now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JHutcher)
    I think the problem is that most of us have either been obsessed closeted academics or harbour obsessions that impressed the profs. at interivew... or we would be going somewhere else. Mine would be political, religious interests... that and a small obsession with all my subjects and a desire to study bibical Grekk!
    hehehe - speak for yourself sonny jim!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platinumki)
    hehehe - speak for yourself sonny jim!
    I am making the most of the collective 'we' at the moment... obvioulsy taking it too far...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    That's quite a lot people going to Pembroke. There are only 3 in my year.
    :confused: from TSR?

Hi all! I was just wondering, has anyone on this board received offers from Pembroke, with a view to starting in 2005?
    :hello: I have an offer for Eng Lit.

ReputationRep:
    beware of the tall second year compsci next year who has a scary obsession with angry pemguin sex!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    angry pemguin sex!
    hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    beware of the tall second year compsci next year who has a scary obsession with angry pemguin sex!
    Beware of the girly male blonde physicist from Emma next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    You forgot to add "possibly blind"

ReputationRep:
    Beware of the girly male blonde physicist from Emma next year.
    Who will be a hardcore boatie by then and could kick your arse (or get bigger boaties to do it for him).

Will - your lot are coming to formal with us soon, are you coming?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 13, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.