Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well Done Alice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by French Pikachu)
    Btw Visesh I just fianally managed to book my flights and I'm flying Virgin! Yay! How much did u pay urs? Mine were 770euros but from Nice...
    I paid a lot more But that was because I bought them 2 weeks before travel, and it was a round trip via Baltimore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    I paid a lot more But that was because I bought them 2 weeks before travel, and it was a round trip via Baltimore.
    Also air travel is cheaper from ******* France <sorry Pika :p:>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by absentmindedone)
    I wish my school was like that. They enter me for resits for everything! And yes, they have tried to make me resit modules in which I got full marks the first time.

My school makes no sense.
    Mine are similar. I don't have to resit my full marks paper, but I have to study the stuff again, even though I have other stuff to be revising for.

EDIT: Incidentally guys, I don't think I'll be joining you next year. I had a nightmare in P3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottie)
    EDIT: Incidentally guys, I don't think I'll be joining you next year. I had a nightmare in P3.
    Try not to think about it. That's what I'm doing...as I know I haven't passed P4....

I hate A levels...can I just have my predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    Guys.. check out past examiners' reports - they should have previous years' grade boundaries in them.

For a lot of A2 papers you only need ~60% raw marks to get an A in that module.

This is very nice to know.

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ not sure why, but my school (unless you dropped a grade or so) isn't overly keen on resits. Although I'm far too lazy to go through with resitting a paper I dropped a few marks on anyway (I considered it though, lol :p: )

*looks puzzled* P3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    Guys.. check out past examiners' reports - they should have previous years' grade boundaries in them.

For a lot of A2 papers you only need ~60% raw marks to get an A in that module.

This is very nice to know.
    Wow, really? *gives some rep* that is very nice to know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by White_redrose)
    ^^^ not sure why, but my school (unless you dropped a grade or so) isn't overly keen on resits. Although I'm far too lazy to go through with resitting a paper I dropped a few marks on anyway (I considered it though, lol :p: )

*looks puzzled* P3?
    P3 is a maths module.

also: we just filled in our application form to be parents. so watch out, you could be our child. (none of us do history though so you may be safe)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by White_redrose)
    Wow, really? *gives some rep* that is very nice to know!
    I don't know how true that is for arts subjects but many of the science/maths modules for the boards I did needed raw marks far below 80% for 80% UMS

(Damn university. Here they scale marks by about 2% at most. They're normalised, but they only have to adjust the boundaries by at most 2% each year. Or so my supervisor says. On the other hand - if i get 60% I can congratulate myself heartily)

ReputationRep:
    P3 in January was about 55 for an A and 49 for a B (out of 75, not percent, unfortunately hehe). At most I have 59, which would be utterly amazing, but I don't trust myself not to have made silly mistakes and I reckon it could be as low as 41, which would be awful. I could still manage an A overall, but only if I got 87+ (UMS/100) on my other three modules. Hum. It's behind me now though, I have to concentrate on getting at least AAB.

ReputationRep:
    Yes i had a peek at these raw marks and they arehighly encouraging... some of my friends only need 'D' in their last couple of modules for an A luck sods.

I am still after B/C in most papers... shoudl be ok but english ios so unpredictable... lets hope i'm coming up next year.

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo, I'm going to be a parent!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    May god protect their souls :eek:

ReputationRep:
    ...Or do you mean you've impregnated Crana or someone? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)

lucky u

(and unlucky child may I say ?)

just kidding ...only I'm not...
    oh whatever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Raphael~)
    May god protect their souls :eek:
    I am the god! :mad: They shall suffer! Muhahahaha

(Original post by ~Raphael~)
    ...Or do you mean you've impregnated Crana or someone?
    I would have not been so excited had that been the case. Thinking about all the bills and the nagging and... I forbid, the nappy change :eek:!

ReputationRep:
    :flute:

Changing topic...any massive Harry Potter fans out there?

ReputationRep:
    I am deeply, deeply disturbed.

NB. When I say I "live with" Camfo, I mean we live on the same floor. I do not mean he is fathering my babies.

ReputationRep:
    There are babies then?

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.