Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i got an email from tom about that boatie thingum this morning.... i need to check my schedule, and if it's clear I'll sign up to go to it, but it's a formal for anyone in the club rather than the first boat and the first boat are *****ing at me for not doing anything with them!

And I'm already a hardcore boatie! Did I tell you my story about how on the chester training camp 3 drugged up thugs decided to try and start a fight with us: 3 short arse thugs vs 6 massive boaties (+me the tiny boatie).....one of ours got a black eye and another a bleeding nose and lip, but we reckon we broke two of their noses and the other just got thrown on the floor in general.

So yeah shuai if you wanna take me on, name the time and the place and I'll turn up (ideally with my first boat buddies) and we'll show you what's what!

OH NO...NOW I'm A THUG!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by French Pikachu)
    Land Economy @ Downing
    I've always lived in France and now on the Côte d'Azur (that is south-east, next to Nice) where i go to an international school called ISSA (International school of Sophia Antipolis)
    where abouts do you live? i know the region kinda well. and where's the issa based?

ReputationRep:
    Right afaiaa I am coming to clare next thursday!

ReputationRep:
    W0000000T!!!!!!

Prelims exams finished today!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    i got an email from tom about that boatie thingum this morning.... i need to check my schedule, and if it's clear I'll sign up to go to it, but it's a formal for anyone in the club rather than the first boat and the first boat are *****ing at me for not doing anything with them!

And I'm already a hardcore boatie! Did I tell you my story about how on the chester training camp 3 drugged up thugs decided to try and start a fight with us: 3 short arse thugs vs 6 massive boaties (+me the tiny boatie).....one of ours got a black eye and another a bleeding nose and lip, but we reckon we broke two of their noses and the other just got thrown on the floor in general.

So yeah shuai if you wanna take me on, name the time and the place and I'll turn up (ideally with my first boat buddies) and we'll show you what's what!

OH NO...NOW I'm A THUG!?
    Yep. You are a thug Will. Said it yourself. So, guys, beware of the girly male and possiblily blind physicist next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TakemetoAvalon)
    W0000000T!!!!!!

Prelims exams finished today!!!!!!
    hmph, I still have chem (and I UTTERLY ****ed up the others, damn, damn, damn.)

They're only prelims, they're only prelims, they're only prelims

I've virtually taight myself this year, due infinite staffing issues. Apparently not very well.....

I ran out of time in Biology

I haven't got a hope in Chem

We had to postpone our English because we haven't finished ONE unit

I'm hoping if I say it enough, I'll believe it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silence)
    where abouts do you live? i know the region kinda well. and where's the issa based?
    ISSA is based in Valbonne, it's also know as CIV, but I live in Biot, just behind Antibes. How come u know the region?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platinumki)

I'm on holidays for 2 weeks but I'm leaving thursday for a week snowboarding and I havent done any work yet!!!!!!!!! :s I'm so screwed coz I have mock exams when i get back to school and I havent studied a thing!!! But i can seem to find any motivation or concentration to do so...One of my guy friends tried to motivate me with a bet on who's gonna get better grades on the exams and if i lose i got to buy him unlimited drinks for a whole night! But doesnt seem to work... Any ideas to motivate me? Any concentration tips?

ReputationRep:
    me? *splutters*

It isimpossible for me to concentrate. :eek: :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    ISSA is based in Valbonne, it's also know as CIV, but I live in Biot, just behind Antibes. How come u know the region?
    have family in monaco/cap d'ail. it was always a thought to maybe go and have schooling out there, but i never considered it seriously enough lol.

ReputationRep:
    me? *splutters*

It isimpossible for me to concentrate. :eek: :confused: :confused:
    How are u planning to make the grades then? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silence)
    have family in monaco/cap d'ail. it was always a thought to maybe go and have schooling out there, but i never considered it seriously enough lol.
    A shame coz it's definately a better climate over here!!!!! average temperature in winter is around 15°C ... plus there is nearly always sun! less depression...

ReputationRep:
    How are u planning to make the grades then? :confused:
    lol - you have to remember, I've done the biggies before - Highers. I have already passed the principal exams of my country (AAAAA) and not ONE SINGLE other person in my year has an offer based on Advanced Highers. Nevertheless, concentration is only really required for short bursts - it;s just so far, I have given none whatsoever. I'm just quietly keeping the faith and reminding myself hat I got 5As without breaking sweat.

They're only prelims, anyways

ReputationRep:
    Got a nice letter from Fitz today which they evidently send to all poolees, inviting me to come and have a look round if I didn't get a chance to before (although I had ample opportunity at the interview).

Also got some interesting stats from them (interesting here is subjective - I was interested.)
    Only 38% of their undergraduates are girls.
    And only 6% in total come from Scotland, Wales and N.I.

Being a girl from N.I., I will be quite the minority.

They do however take 16-20 Physical NatScis a year.
    Their original number of applications per place is 3, but in 2003 they also fished 101 out of the pool and gave 55 of those offers.
    They make 1.25 offers per place.

I'm very much intrigued by a reference to "Super Hall" which happens twice-termly apparently.

ReputationRep:
    a "Super hall" is just a themed formal hall....last term we had a Chinese themed one.....they just decorate the hall and you have to dress appropriately and obviously the food matches the theme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hitchhiker_13)
    I'm very much intrigued by a reference to "Super Hall" which happens twice-termly apparently.
    Like a formal hall only posher, at Clare we only have super halls for matriculation, commemoration dinner (halfway hall) and graduation.

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    a "Super hall" is just a themed formal hall....last term we had a Chinese themed one.....they just decorate the hall and you have to dress appropriately and obviously the food matches the theme
    That's random!

A.

ReputationRep:

I've virtually taight myself this year, due infinite staffing issues. Apparently not very well.....

I ran out of time in Biology

I haven't got a hope in Chem

We had to postpone our English because we haven't finished ONE unit

I'm hoping if I say it enough, I'll believe it

Sounds like someone's in the same boat as me . Any results back yet?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, Super Halls have lived up to all my expectations

ReputationRep:
    Land Economy at St. John
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Laura and I live on the little channel island that is Guernsey! However, I have previously lived in Cyprus (I was born here), Sardinia and Bristol due to my dad's profession in the RAF. Guernsey is a little island closer to St. Malo than it is Southampton and is nice to live on...However, although it is tiny - 60,000 people live there so it gets quite claustrophobic and everyone knows everyone etc etc!
    This island is famous for many things!! (some good....some bad!):
    1) We have the world's smallest operating church (made entirely out of pottery - v.beautiful!)
    2) We have a world record for the shortest distance between a pub and a church (in fact somebody standing with their arms apart could touch both!)
    3) We are the 12th most densely populated area in the world (getting back to that claustrophobic thing...)
    4) We have the highest cancer rate on the world
    On that note....!

Anyway I have an offer to read Land Economy 2005 at St. John which is cool - there's quite a lot of Land Economists on here actually . I love geography and economics and considered a degree in law so this course is perfect for me!
    My main passion is music- just about all types and play the lecci guitar, alto sax and keyboards. I teach music privately in my spare time which is a good way to earn cash - and recently my pupils all passed their exams I play in the local wind band and jazz band - and we went to Australia last year to play which was great.
    Like sports and outdoor things - just finished D of E gold exped which was fun but quite hard as I went 2 Wales for a week when the weather wasn't too good!
    anywayz enough about me....
    look forward to seeing you all! (grade pending! )
    Laura
    xx
    p.s. IT'S MY BIRTHDAY FRIDAY!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 13, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.