New Cambridge students October 2005: let's get to know each other! Watch

RichE
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
dude... scanning is dangerous.
Thanks for the tip. :rolleyes: But have just looked up "to have a life" in the OED and am off to a ball oddly the phrase was missing from the CED :p: :rolleyes:
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by RichE)
Thanks for the tip. :rolleyes: But have just looked up "to have a life" in the OED and am off to a ball oddly the phrase was missing from the CED :p: :rolleyes:
We don't need how to have a life by the CED obviously . Hence the ball-week has ended already . You lot are late.
crana9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by visesh)
mansfield is NOT a paradise
...where the grass is full of needles and the girls are pregnant...
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by crana9)
Remind me to rep slap you for that line when I've "spread" my love around a little.
RichE
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Is that from a song? Almost sounds Neil Young.
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's her take on Paradise City by Guns 'n Roses:p:

"where the grass is green and the girls are pretty"
RichE
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by visesh)
It's her take on Paradise City by Guns 'n Roses:p:

"where the grass is green and the girls are pretty"
Of course - should have got that :rolleyes:

Could the parody extend to a full verse you think? Or is Mansfield simply not that interesting/ganglandesque?

Sounds nicer than my home town of Batley.
RichE
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Also how is it Vish that your times on TSR are the same now as when you were on the other side of the Atlantic? :confused:

Were you ever in America at all I wonder? Or just in a fantasy induced by the grim reality of Mansfield? :eek:
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I got back on Wednesday
(and I am really jetlagged)
If you really want to know what mansfield's like, ask Rosie- she's lived here a LOT longer than I have:p:
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Cambridge is in a league of it's own for being inside an unreality bubble. It's almost pink and fluffy.
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ITS own, dammit.
Charlottie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Righto, the dream is over. I mucked up my final history paper on Friday and will not have an A. So, hopefully, I'll have a B and be off to York. Nice chatting to all of you.
mr_shoe_uk
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
Hello everyone!

I've got an offer from Christ's for Biological Natural Sciences this year, and hopefully will be going

Don't worry too much Charlottie, my exams haven't been going as well as hoped either, and though I can't tell, I may not meet my offer either.. Just because you don't get the grades doesn't mean you definitely won't get in though.

I'm trying to stay hopeful about my A-levels anyway.
minimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Aww, Charlotte, I'm sure you haven't, chin up now! You'll have the leeway from AS to compensate anyway if you don't get an A on that paper.
platinumki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Charlottie)
Righto, the dream is over. I mucked up my final history paper on Friday and will not have an A. So, hopefully, I'll have a B and be off to York. Nice chatting to all of you.
dear god :eek:

may I recommend gin, and lots of it
Charlottie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
Aww, Charlotte, I'm sure you haven't, chin up now! You'll have the leeway from AS to compensate anyway if you don't get an A on that paper.
Heh, nah I won't. Unlike the people who panic about meeting their offers when they have 300 UMS at AS, I actually did have to get As this year. I have a B at AS. I know I worked stupidly hard for it, so I can't blame my work rate, it obviously just isn't meant to be. I like York too though, and I'm sure I'll love it there too. At the moment, there's nothing I can do, so I'm sitting the maths exam that means nothing, going out with my friends, and having a very good summer. No gin though, tastes bad, bring on the white wine.
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It is extremely hard with A-levels to judge how well you have done. Don't think it's set in stone that you've missed your offer at this stage - you may surprise yourself and they may let you in even if you miss your offer. Go ahead with your plan to have a great summer and keep an open mind about it.

Only just seen you're from Notts - whereabouts?
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Charlotte, you can always phone the college up after you get result and see if they would still take you in if you had failed to get what it's asked for. Be cheerful.
Charlottie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Only just seen you're from Notts - whereabouts?
A little village just outside of Worksop (North Notts). Do you know it? The little village is filled with old people and not a lot to do.
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Of course I know Worksop. Visesh & I live in sunny Mansfield so not far from you at all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads