New Cambridge students October 2005: let's get to know each other! Watch

visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
Oh its bliss, exams :rolleyes:

I have a random question. In general were all you guys who have already met Cambridg offers/are already studying there really confident about getting your grades, or did you still have a niggling little feeling in the pit of your stomach: "what if..." (Even if you had a decent leeway at AS?)
I thought I might have messed up my Maths. (i had the lowest cushion in maths). It turns out that I got an A overall, but a B at A2.

I wasn't *terribly* worried though:s:
minimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Charlottie)
I don't. Well, technically, I could revise for further maths. But it's pointless and is likely to give me a headache, so I won't, and thus I am bored and sat in front of a computer.
Good Luck with the FM.
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by visesh)
I thought I might have messed up my Maths. (i had the lowest cushion in maths). It turns out that I got an A overall, but a B at A2.

I wasn't *terribly* worried though:s:
May I ask what you mean by a low cushion? (If you don't mind disclosing...)
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well it was 30-odd marks (after January). After June the previous year, my lowest coushin was 4 marks, in Bio*-).

And by low cushion, i mean it was the lowest out out all of *my* subjects.
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh okie good to here thanks!
4 marks...eee, that's scary for bio especially since you want to be a medic!! /me runs...
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh okie good to here thanks!
4 marks...eee, that's scary for bio especially since you want to be a medic!! /me runs...
lol i got that up after january.

actually, my lowest cusion was in bio i think, but i had a good bio year so i felt good about it, i think.

meh it was all too long ago:s:
Charlottie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hehe. I have a 7 mark cushion in maths, minus 6 in history, and in English I have an A already after January (my AS cushion was 32). I guess you could say I know my strengths...
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by visesh)
lol i got that up after january.

actually, my lowest cusion was in bio i think, but i had a good bio year so i felt good about it, i think.

meh it was all too long ago:s:
Good thing that!
emily87
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by crana9)
Um, just to make things clear, you don't necessarily need 40/60 raw marks. The boundaries change from year to year. You can get a reasonable idea from looking at past examiners' reports of what it will be, but you can't know precisely.
anyone know where you can get grade boundaries for OCR?? Can't find examiners' reports...and I'm getting rather paranoid about my maths....

Emily
Ticki
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have a random question. In general were all you guys who have already met Cambridg offers/are already studying there really confident about getting your grades, or did you still have a niggling little feeling in the pit of your stomach: "what if..." (Even if you had a decent leeway at AS?)
Doesn't everyone worry? I felt sick with it, even though I had high marks at AS. My lowest cushion was Politics, with only 13 marks, but got full marks in some papers for A2. Actually, my lowest A2 was History, given that I only got a C in one of my papers. We don't talk about that though - I'm here now.

Try not to worry, everyone! Easier said than done, I know, but just take everything as it comes.
crana9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I had a 60 mark cushion in GS ;-)

Emily - if you cant find them it could be that OCR don't release them online or whatever. ask your school, they might have some hard copies you can peek at. they're often at the back of markscheme booklets.
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
you also got a shameful result for gs
French Pikachu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Stop speakin results!!! My results are out in less than 10 days and it's freakin scarry!!! :bawling:

How come ur still jet lagged Visesh? Just got here yesterday and i dont have any jet lag watsoever!
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
it's worse travelling back, or something:s:

how was the trip?
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Batman!!?? Huh? Dude... I want Kylix.

Sometime you do wonder how I managed a Cambridge offer don't you?
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
teeheehee... :laugh: ...well...we all have our little fetishes...
Poc ar buile
Report 14 years ago
teeheehee... :laugh: ...well...we all have our little fetishes...
Do you have one for very tall Chinese guys who are very computer-oriented in life and outlook..? :rolleyes:
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Um, no.
_Ellie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Minimo, I am assuaging all my "what if"s by focusing on how much cooler I would be if I went to Bristol and not Cam.
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That's the spirit!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.29%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.92%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.79%

Watched Threads