New Cambridge students October 2005: let's get to know each other! Watch

crana9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
you know, asking the same questions oevr and over because you like to hear the response is typical of people with autism.

(I guess "Do you love me?" and "Do I look fat?" have to be excluded from this)
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by crana9)
you know, asking the same questions oevr and over because you like to hear the response is typical of people with autism.

awww... why?
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

i apparently have other autistic traits as well.
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
awww... why?
because otherwise 99% of women would be put on the autistic spectrum

Visesh - we all do, dear
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
because otherwise 99% of women would be put on the autistic spectrum

Visesh - we all do, dear
awww... why shouldn't they?
minimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Surely having a dancing baby and a little green man as your avatar must be signs of mental instability...if not autism?

Coldfish - I didn't understand half the literary terms jd27 used...scary and I have a top 5 at Eng. Lit. GCSE...
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Camfo is a law unto himself (in a good way). I don't think there is any diagnosis in the world that could satisfy Camfo.

(OK, my sleep pattern is now officially destroyed).
jd27
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
Surely having a dancing baby and a little green man as your avatar must be signs of mental instability...if not autism?

Coldfish - I didn't understand half the literary terms jd27 used...scary and I have a top 5 at Eng. Lit. GCSE...
Ah, don't worry, I didn't get most of those from English. Doing classics we have literary terms rammed down our throat for commentary questions, so we get to sound REALLY poncy. A mate of mine applied to oxford for english and, with his acceptance letter, the interviewer wrote to say he was one of the best candidates in twenty years. He was the only one to use the term "anaphora".
Now, any classicist worth his salt has used anaphora at least three times before breakfast, so we found this quite odd..
yasmin-medic
Report 14 years ago
Hi everyone, I'll be starting at Cambridge this September on the Cambridge Graduate Course in Medicine. I'm 23, have just graduated with First class honours in Biochemistry and will be at Hughes Hall (one of the 3 graduate colleges for CGCM students). I've seen a reading list but having just got through finals, I am doing absolutely no (med/science related) reading all summer! Looking forward to meeting other medics in September.
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hey welcome to TSR yasmin:tsr:

I'm Visesh and I start medicine at King's in October. :cool:

These boards are really useful and have quite a few current students who are more than willing to answer any questions you might have before going up:yy:

I can't WAIT to start:cool:
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Welcome! Where do you study now?

PS...Visesh and Camford and be a little bizzare at times, but are really very :cool:
yasmin-medic
Report 14 years ago
Hey, thanks for the welcome! I've just graduated from Queen Mary College, University of London where I had a great 3 years. I'm really looking forward to starting at Cambridge, and especially excited at the prospect of the second Freshers' Week of my lifetime!! I'm so curious as to what it will be like to be a 'first year' again, and what the dynamic between students will be like - because although there are 20 of us on the Graduate Medical Course, we study the MVST alongside you fresh faced 18 year olds. I'm sure it will be lots of fun.....hope so anyway.....
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago

i have a little green man too!! :eek: :bawling:
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Where did you see my green man?
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
Where did you see my green man?
it was visesh's... :rolleyes:
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by French Pikachu)
I have a little green man too!!
I was teasing...in any case your green man is adorable! (Camfo, you need glasses )
Infiniteen
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by yasmin-medic)
Hi everyone, I'll be starting at Cambridge this September on the Cambridge Graduate Course in Medicine. I'm 23, have just graduated with First class honours in Biochemistry and will be at Hughes Hall (one of the 3 graduate colleges for CGCM students). I've seen a reading list but having just got through finals, I am doing absolutely no (med/science related) reading all summer! Looking forward to meeting other medics in September.
Hi Yasmin!

I'll be going to Hughes Hall in October too! Doing BA Mathematics. Quite excited to see someone else going to Hughes Hall. Before you joined, I was the only one in this forum going there. Why don't you add your name to This List so that I wont feel so lonely?
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I was teasing...in any case your green man is adorable! (Camfo, you need glasses )
I have glasses. I'm wearing them now!
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Teeheehee I was joking...I've seen a pic somewhere of you with glasses.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Teeheehee I was joking...I've seen a pic somewhere of you with glasses.
I doubt you have seen one with me not wearing glasses.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.29%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.92%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.79%

Watched Threads