New Cambridge students October 2005: let's get to know each other! Watch

Ticki
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by French Pikachu)
Congrats! Omg the grades in my year are amazing! 7 peopel got 40 and above out of 50 and a guy even got 45! OMG
Given that you did the IB and dropped one point on a specified subject but exceeded your offer overall, I suspect that Downing will take you if they have enough room, and even if you end up going into the Summer Pool you will be a strong candidate. Very, very best of luck, Vanessa!
Willa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
so glad i'm already through all this trauma! I'm sure you'll all be fine though! TSR seems to have a good record for getting their applicants the right grades :p:
Ticki
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lauren)
d is on thefacebook.

edit: he hasn't graduated yet.
d is on my friends list.

He should have graduated... :confused:
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ticki)
d is on my friends list.

He should have graduated... :confused:
Unfortunately I have forgotten my password and can't check thefacebook on my desktop. He is slightly odd looking, but in a good way if I remember correctly.
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
dude, MSN me:yy:
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by visesh)
dude, MSN me:yy:
What? You want to know how the engine of the spaceship works. Right. It came to me in a dream not so long ago, and then I happen to have forgotten about it in another dream.

Courtsey of Futurama.
Wasp39
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Charlottie)
I want her to get in.
I want me to get in more. But I want her to get in.
I want you all to get in!!!
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Aww thx guys I'm doing my best to get in! Ticky, Downing definately has enough place since im going for land economy which is a small department so they dont over-offer places unlike subjects like maths... moreover they have 2 people do land economy each year and they only gave 2 offers in january so thats a good point. The other thing is that the other girl who was on TSR at some point and who got an offer for land economy but at Queens also unfortunately missed her IB offer, she got the grades required in the 3 subjects they asked her but drop overall by 2 marks... i think they are very hard offers in that we have 4 or 5 conditions to get in, we cant resits any exams and our grades are deternibed basically my how well u perfrom on a single day since we take exasm only at the ned of the second year... the thing i am lucky about is that they gave me a low offer which means thye really want me i hope! Anyway even if i had the highest IB offer which is 41 overall and 7/7/6 in HLs i would have still missed my offer by the same amount since i got 41 7/6/6...
So i emailed them explaining the whole situation and that i had 7s in economics all year round and that it was my 1st 6 ever and that we're asking for regrade but i wont get result until october apprently... moreover my economics teacher emailed them and sent my internal report... the funny thing is my 2 friends, who i helped quite a bit in economics and who i studied with, were usually getting 6s but both got 7s on their finals.. hehe im really happy for them but i think it rather ironic for me! Oh well im still waiting for them to email me back but i promise illl keep u all inform...
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Godd Luck Pika!
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
This thread is dying people...oh I wish i could say something funny to liven it up again...but I'm rubbish at humour...unless you want to hear knock-knock jokes :rolleyes:
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Knock knock
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Lol...who's there?
Visesh I have a quessie and since you are a really clever person maybe you can help me...
Is Harry Potter and the HPB coming out at midnight between Friday 15 and Saturday 16 or midnight between Saturday 16 and Sunday 17...I've been spending too much time on Mugglenet and have gotten tres tres :confused:
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Eames.

(I owuld imagine it to be fri/sat, as the release date is the 16th, which is sat)
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Eames who...
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Eames to please
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Teeheehee!
(You're right I just heard it on Sky)
mctcdc0710
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just came back from a road trip (on my own lol pathetic) but it was very fun... although I did not get a tan as I wished ... Oh well I'm off to Ayia Napa on Thursday but till then I'd be glad to post many rubbish as always for your enjoyment.
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
The problem is that most student like me work and then u get home really tired and dont check TSR... and the other thing is that there is no more highjacking of this thread... but im sure that when A levels results come out everyone will be back!

I wonder if rosie, visesh and camfo are ok all together... wonder is the hosue is burning yet.. hehe this might make them come back on this thread..
crana9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
camfo's still in leicester dear
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i think ive just shopped for a family of 6 for a month:/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (9)
64.29%
No I haven't decided yet (3)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (2)
14.29%

Watched Threads