New Cambridge students October 2005: let's get to know each other! Watch

xx_ambellina_xx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
I'll be queuing for it tonight....which is cheaper though, waterstones or borders? (or any other suggestions for getting it in cambridge tonight!?)
Meh....I've reserved my copy

Which means I can waltz in tomorrow past the queue to pick mine up at the convenient hour of 12 o clock.

Yis.
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I need to be awake at 10am to open the door to get it
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
I'll be queuing for it tonight....which is cheaper though, waterstones or borders? (or any other suggestions for getting it in cambridge tonight!?)
Well, I pre-ordered mine for my sis from WH Smith's, and for the pre-order people it'll only be £9.99 (must remember to give her money before I leave tonight!). I would imagine that it'll be the same price everywhere.
minimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by visesh)
Can you really get it that early in Bahrain?:eek:
Apparently at 2am from Seef :eek:
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
Apparently at 2am from Seef :eek:
Woah! so that's exactly midnight here then:yy:
minimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yup we're modernising in this part of the world!!
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
it'll be RRP in both....the question is, which one do you think will have shorter queues!

I'm still contemplating whether to take my brother to our local Asda, which is opening at midnight to sell books, or stop being a cheapskate and take him to borders where they'll have jugglign men and fire-eaters and all sorts of weird things going on. it's gonna be a painful night
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by priya)
it'll be RRP in both....the question is, which one do you think will have shorter queues!

I'm still contemplating whether to take my brother to our local Asda, which is opening at midnight to sell books, or stop being a cheapskate and take him to borders where they'll have jugglign men and fire-eaters and all sorts of weird things going on. it's gonna be a painful night
I'm giving my sister a tenner and sending her out on her own for it (it's a late birthday present from me, which I get to read as soon as she's finished). I'm going away for the weekend and will start on it when I get back.
khil
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
Aww poor you! Mind you I shan't be queuing at midnight. As big a fan as I am, it seems a little pointless to try to read the book at 3 am when one is half asleep.
hehehe I read books at 3am all the time up til like 6am when I don't even feel sleepy anymore but think to myself - must go to sleep

Why don't people just buy it a day or two later? :confused: so much easier! I'm assuming this is the Harry Potter book.

Who's the Half Blood Prince btw? :confused: I seem to remember Harry as a proper full wizard? Mind you I stopped reading after the 4th book :rolleyes:
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
dear oh dear oh dear...

we dont know who the HBP is...hence the excitement.

some people are just really excited about the book and can't wait for 24-28 hours?
khil
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh right.

24 hours isn't much to wait. I can understand if you're half way through it - I'd read through the morning hours and not sleep just to finish a book. lol.

HBP well it could possibly be Harry Potter - I can't think of anyone else who'd be labelled "prince".
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
read the rest of the post
khil
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
read the rest of the post
Yeh editted it now - I replied before you editted yours.
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
really?:eek:
khil
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
really?:eek:
eh? To my second reply or to my editted post?? - yeh I replied before you editted your post it was originally just dear oh dear oh dear lol.

And if it was to my editted post yep I'd read and not sleep if I could and oooooooooooh maybe HBP could be Malfoy!!! Have no idea how to spell his name btw. Half-Blood is supposed to mean half-wizard half-muggle right?
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I saw an advert in the paper today that sainsburys have it for £8.93 I think it was. I'm not sure that the one in Cam would have it though.
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Mine is in the post as we speak:eek:
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
so is mine.
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by crana9)
so is mine.
well, obvioiusly.
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by irisng)
eh? To my second reply or to my editted post?? - yeh I replied before you editted your post it was originally just dear oh dear oh dear lol.

And if it was to my editted post yep I'd read and not sleep if I could and oooooooooooh maybe HBP could be Malfoy!!! Have no idea how to spell his name btw. Half-Blood is supposed to mean half-wizard half-muggle right?
Malfoy can't be half-blood, his mother is a member of Sirius' extended family and Lucius Malfoy comes from a long line of wizards. You need to get up on your HP knowledge before commenting
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads