Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What you are about to read is the first line in a book, which I am about to torture myself with:

Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a big field, and this is a big book.

Dude, we know. Or else we won't be reading your book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    have you SEEN that kitchen?:p:
    I believe so. If you are referring to the-one-who-must-not-be-named's kitchen and not your kitchen. But still, you didn't make it in a couldron in a dungeon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by French Pikachu)
    What is happening to our thread which used to be so hyper active at one point? I'm still here and fighting to get in but i need support :p: Minimo let's get on a mission to bring 2005 students back on here!
    Lurkers dont be afraid, you can be as random as you want all students on this thread are lovely and just want to know you better! so just voice your opinion or any thoughts you might have, even if they seem extremly random!
    I'm with you girl! Any luck with Downing yet?
    Yep, its probably partly Harry Potter, and partly the sunshine that's keeping them away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coldfish)
    Oh. I think the website I found must be a joke then, trying to trick people into making what they had which was:

1. Warm root beer.
    2. Mix in single cream and melted butter well.

What you have doesn't actually sound so bad, but i'll take your word that it's not worth trying.
    Yeh, the ingrediants sounded pretty good. I always imagined butterbeer tasting like toffee ice cream milkshake...

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh, Camfo's a HP fan now, excellent!
    I wonder how they make Firewhisky...any ideas? Gillywater sounds awful, reminds me of vodka with seaweed. :s:

ReputationRep:
    FP - no fun to be waiting to hear from Downing. Might be worth giving them a poke with a stick. Hope you hear soon!

Are most of the people on this thread (prospective) u-grads or grads by the way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Yeh, the ingrediants sounded pretty good. I always imagined butterbeer tasting like toffee ice cream milkshake...
    Pretty GOOD? Are you MAD???:eek:

ReputationRep:
    * 1 pint (0.57 litres) vanilla ice cream (softened)
    * 1/2 stick butter (softened)
    * 1/3 cup brown sugar
    * 2 tsp. of cinnamon
    * 1 tsp. grated nutmeg
    * 1/4 tsp. ground clove
    EDIT: They sound good up to this point...you're right adding cider will make it ewwww. :puke:
    * 1 imperial quart (1.1 litre) apple cider

ReputationRep:
    no, the entire thing is just far too sweet and fatty:/ it makes me want to puke just looking at the ingredients. ice cream and butter???

ReputationRep:
    But wouldn't it be like Butterscotch...maybe not...who said I was skinny? hehe
    I think I'm going to apply to be a mugglenet editor...

ReputationRep:
    we also made butterscotch: cream/brown sugar/butter/etc

i'd say that^^ is more pallatable(sp) than mixing butter and ice cream. it just looked disgusting. i'll wait for my friend to send me the pictures:yy:

ReputationRep:
    mmmm, I love Butterscotch.

ReputationRep:
    mmmm, I love Butterscotch.
    I went to this Christian 3 day houseparty thing and they have 3 desserts to choose from, right - one is chocolate mousse, second strawberry mousse and third butterscotch mousse (forgive me if I've spelt mousse completely wrong please don't laugh at me :blushing: :embarasse :help: :dong: )

note: and yes I love smilies

back to the point - now those desserts sound lovely, right? Guess what the official name the letton people have made up for them? Dog poo, cat sick and bird something or other :eek: It reeeally puts me off eating the dessert every time I'm reminded of the names!!!!!!

But yes I quite like butterscotch too and I LOVE cream!! Mmmmmm

French Pikachu has this thread been a lot quieter since my absence? :p: I remember I used to post here but feel a bit like an outsider now that I semi-don't-have anymore connections with Cambridge, bar a lot of friends who studies/will be studying there lol!

ReputationRep:
    we also made butterscotch: cream/brown sugar/butter/etc

i'd say that^^ is more pallatable(sp) than mixing butter and ice cream. it just looked disgusting. i'll wait for my friend to send me the pictures:yy:
    Wooooooo cream and butter!

I used to eat butter - just butter - whenever I go to English/American resturants and there're these rolls they provide you with already on the table, and a pot of little cubes of butter in those plasticy box thingys This was back in HK and I was only young :p:

And creammmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! Woo mix butter and icing sugar together - most gorgeous cream! I used to scoop up all the buttercream with my fingers while making fairy cakes :p: ahhh the days of childhood

ReputationRep:
    yes, i sometimes make icing with icing sugar and butter, but ice cream and butter? :puke:

ReputationRep:
    yes, i sometimes make icing with icing sugar and butter, but ice cream and butter? :puke:
    Yeh I think I see what you mean with :puke: - I don't even like the look of ice-cream when it's all melted and liquid mixed with butter... not.... sure... I suppose I'll give it a try - I'll definitely take a look at it and if it's apetising (sp?) then I wouldn't mind giving it a try

Icing sugar and butter wooooooooooo!

ReputationRep:
    Well i see that the thread did wake up after all

To all those showing me support with Downing: THX a lot guys, really aprreciate it! I promise I'll post as soon as they email me no matter what it is they email me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coldfish)
    I think they're all busy reading Harry Potter or something, Vanessa.
    Or maybe they're being all active doing... outside sunny stuff. Fools. :P
    I just finished Harry and really didnt like the end.. I was nearly crying last night and I never cried with a book! Dont like the end.... Too much drama...

I wish i could be doing some active stuff outside too but when i get out of the office I'm so tired all i want to do is sleep or watch TV while waiting for dinner... but then i force myself to go swimming for an hour and that feells really goood! Trying to get back to being a bit more fit!

ReputationRep:
    I tried to make butterbeer tonight. It is puke-juice.
    Of course you'd try... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm with you girl! Any luck with Downing yet?
    Yep, its probably partly Harry Potter, and partly the sunshine that's keeping them away.
    Good job :p: We're a good team they all came back (ok maybe not all but a few... )
    For absolutely everyone to come back to you think we shoudl ask God for rain?

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.