New Cambridge students October 2005: let's get to know each other! Watch

minimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah, we could do with some rain...its so hot where I am...
French Pikachu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Phil (ver 2))
FP - no fun to be waiting to hear from Downing. Might be worth giving them a poke with a stick. Hope you hear soon!

Are most of the people on this thread (prospective) u-grads or grads by the way?
Most are prospective undergrads... actually i think everyone is... but even grads are welcome... they just dont like us i think...
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Pika, have you tried calling Downing, that would force them to say something... :s:
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
(Original post by irisng)

French Pikachu has this thread been a lot quieter since my absence? :p: I remember I used to post here but feel a bit like an outsider now that I semi-don't-have anymore connections with Cambridge, bar a lot of friends who studies/will be studying there lol!
Yeps i think we miss your hyperness Iris... you know you can still join us because we're friendly so this thread is open to all the nice people... we dont want the nasty ones from the other side (J/K I like everyone or at least everyone on line ) ... and you know i might not have any connections with Cam soon... I hope not but am getting ready for it just in case so i filled in my accomodation application for Leeds yesterday and of course 20 days after the dead line :eek: so if i end up there i might have to sleep on teh streets :eek:
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
(Original post by minimo)
Pika, have you tried calling Downing, that would force them to say something... :s:
Nope I' in the States now so it's kind of difficult but my dad might try calling enxt week if we dont hear from then... i just want then to tell me at least that i have to wait until the 20th of August or something... u know just so that i know a bit more what's gonna happen to me officially
Phil (ver 2)
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by French Pikachu)
Most are prospective undergrads... actually i think everyone is... but even grads are welcome... they just dont like us i think...

I'm a grad starting in October and from what I can see all you prospective u-grads seem like a nice bunch. I feel old actually (28) - it's going to be strange studying again after a few years of working...can't remember the last time I had to (hand)write anything longer than my signature!
crana9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nope I' in the States now so it's kind of difficult
Could you not get a phone card and find a couple of minutes to ring them at the appropriate time?
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
vanessa, PM/MSN me- i have $10 worth of phone card you can use:yy:
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
Thx Visesh i think i migth call tomorrow morning and try find out what is going to happen to me... the only thing is i dotn want to sound like i'm harrasing them... i mean i sent 2 emails, my dad emailed, my economics teacher and the head of school did u too! So yeah just found this out and think it migth be a bti too much if i start calling them now... what do u think people?
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by visesh)
vanessa, PM/MSN me- i have $10 worth of phone card you can use:yy:
Trying to buy yourself some "favour" in the new term eh, visesh? :eek:
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
Trying to buy yourself some "favour" in the new term eh, visesh? :eek:
dude, it's called doing a good deed so that i can get sponsors
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
2 down 4 to go! I think I might borrow the 6th to read instead of reading it off my laptop screen. Fry has a voice that can send a sleepy person to sleep in the audio books. :yawn:
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by visesh)
dude, it's called doing a good deed so that i can get sponsors
I want you-know-who's sistier video tape you with your video camera! And I just might chip in a few big ones if the tape cheers me up a bit.

Disclaimer: Other found raising methods also acceptable.
xx_ambellina_xx
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Thx Visesh i think i migth call tomorrow morning and try find out what is going to happen to me... the only thing is i dotn want to sound like i'm harrasing them... i mean i sent 2 emails, my dad emailed, my economics teacher and the head of school did u too! So yeah just found this out and think it migth be a bti too much if i start calling them now... what do u think people?
Lol, Vanessa, don't worry about harassing them, it's fair enough. It's your future, after all. Though to be honest, they might say wait till after A Levels, I'd imagine you'd be pooled in the summer at the very least. Good luck chick!

Rhi xx
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm soooooooo bored....
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
then watch the cricket
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I haven't got the channel on me tele... and I'm sick of cricket, my team can't bat/bowl/kick/punch etcetc to save their bloody lives.
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
"awwwwww"

:p:

the aussies are 97/5 at lunch:eek:
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
wow, go England!! I'm not into the ashes that much, but Shane Warne rocks, yeah baby!
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
wow, go England!! I'm not into the ashes that much, but Shane Warne rocks, yeah baby!
if you say that in England, they will umm, give you lashes:eek:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.29%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.92%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.79%

Watched Threads