New Cambridge students October 2005: let's get to know each other! Watch

French Pikachu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by leavemealone)
Would you ever consider reapplying?
I would consider to reapply but i would have to take the full economics exam again in the november session to get a 7... and dunno how that would work for admissions...
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Michael Mourao)
I can tell how much you wanted this pika... maybe more than most of us. But hang in there. You deserve the best wherever u go. U're a great girl and I really hope u achieve great things in your life and be happy.
Thx a lot I talked to my friends and family finally, and i feel a bit better. I have two last things to wait for until i'll finally know:
- the remark of my economics exam
- the summer pool

But i'm really trying not to hope too much coz i dont want another terrible day...
JHutcher
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by French Pikachu)
Thx a lot I talked to my friends and family finally, and i feel a bit better. I have two last things to wait for until i'll finally know:
- the remark of my economics exam
- the summer pool

But i'm really trying not to hope too much coz i dont want another terrible day...
Good Luck with the pool i hope you get an place
minimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I would consider to reapply but i would have to take the full economics exam again in the november session to get a 7... and dunno how that would work for admissions...
You could put that under 'Qualifications to be completed' and then they could give you a conditional offer based on that? They tend to be nice second time round if you are reapplying because you missed their offer.
xyro
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, she hasn't been rejected yet from Cambridge.

You´re in the summer pool so not everything is lost. Just wait and see. Good luck!
khil
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh no Pikachu :hugs:
What's the summer pool btw? :confused:

Hope all goes well with the remarking :hugs: By how far did you miss your offer? I've no idea what you got for your exams sorry.

And if you do end up in Leeds, I've heard how much people love it there. Don't worry about it :hugs: You'll enjoy yourself so much wherever you do anyway. It's still the course you wanna do right?
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
Did I kill the thread? I'm sorry... I feel much better now with all the support i received... I relativised coz after all it's just uni and I'll be happy wherever i go! I'm alive and healthy and i think that is the most important Of course I'd love for someone in Cam to call me and tell me "We want you" but if it doesnt happen then Life goes on...
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
a friend of mine got picked out of the summer pool from clare to jesus. she knew the minute she'd finished her history exam that she hadn't made her mml offer, but she was lucky. just hang in there, you never know!

even if you don't get that stroke of luck though, remember, you can always reapply. you know you're worth a 7 in that economics exam, and if you can get a 7, then you might as well try! they will still interview you, wherever you apply,seeing as you have the other exam results under your belt already
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
On a side note, since i got rejected my rep went up a lot... hehe so if u want some rep just get rejected
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
(Original post by priya)
a friend of mine got picked out of the summer pool from clare to jesus. she knew the minute she'd finished her history exam that she hadn't made her mml offer, but she was lucky. just hang in there, you never know!

even if you don't get that stroke of luck though, remember, you can always reapply. you know you're worth a 7 in that economics exam, and if you can get a 7, then you might as well try! they will still interview you, wherever you apply,seeing as you have the other exam results under your belt already
Yeah but the thing is if I wanna retake economics in November, then I have to give in my application for the exam by friday... which I dont wanna do since it costs a lot of money and I migth either be taken in the summer pool or my economics grade might be upgraded with the remark...
I think I might just go to Leeds and if worst comes and I dotn like it, then ill just hang in there till the end of the first year, work hard, get a first in economics and reapply to Cambridge but that would mean for entry in 2007 :eek: But i think that sicne i adapt easly I'll just like Leeds...
JHutcher
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Pooled to Jesus.... yay its like fantastic if that happened
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
(Original post by JHutcher)
Pooled to Jesus.... yay its like fantastic if that happened
*crosses fingers*
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah but the thing is if I wanna retake economics in November, then I have to give in my application for the exam by friday... which I dont wanna do since it costs a lot of money and I migth either be taken in the summer pool or my economics grade might be upgraded with the remark...
I think I might just go to Leeds and if worst comes and I dotn like it, then ill just hang in there till the end of the first year, work hard, get a first in economics and reapply to Cambridge but that would mean for entry in 2007 :eek: But i think that sicne i adapt easly I'll just like Leeds...
there's always post-grad at camb :rolleyes: it's only three years
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It would also save you any effort you might have wasted in hating cambridge and trying to transfer to somewhere else.
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
(Original post by priya)
there's always post-grad at camb :rolleyes: it's only three years
Definately, even though if i go to Leeds it'll be 4 years since i have applied for Economics and Chinese, so the second academic year is spent in China :p:
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Wow, cool!
FromTheSouth
Report 14 years ago
Pika,

What happens if in the remark you increase the Economics mark to 7 in September? Does Downing have to take you in? Hope so.

Warm regards and kisses,

Fromthesouth
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Definately, even though if i go to Leeds it'll be 4 years since i have applied for Economics and Chinese, so the second academic year is spent in China :p:
In China? Remember to insist on paying only half of the asking price of whatever you want to be in the open market. (a quarter of what is asked in some cases)
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Are you avoiding me Camfo?
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by FromTheSouth)
Pika,

What happens if in the remark you increase the Economics mark to 7 in September? Does Downing have to take you in? Hope so.

Warm regards and kisses,

Fromthesouth
All right! Another TSR Economist! Hello!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed