New Cambridge students October 2005: let's get to know each other! Watch

xx_ambellina_xx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JHutcher)
lol yes,

if you don't get into cambridge let me formally invite you to St. Chads for a drink (thats if i don't get in either).
I think I'm not getting the grades for Trevs either.
JHutcher
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by xx_ambellina_xx)
no? well perhaps i can offer you a drink at Keele or somewhere?
coldfish
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by xx_ambellina_xx)
Don't be so ridiculous.
Modesty and caution are one thing, but you know as well as I do that you'll make three A's, let alone whatever Durham asked for. Even if you don't believe it you should know it.
Steveee
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah - like for me I know I've got at least ABB, because I'd have had to get Ds or something to fail that, and I'm pretty sure that I was A/B boundary at the lowest.

STEP's a problem though. I mean I know I answered some questions correctly to some extent, but I've never (until this one) had a STEP paper marked, so I really really really don't know what to expect at all. It could be anything S, 1, 2, 3, U and I wouldn't be surprised. Actually, not an S, because that's four or more perfect questions... but whatever.

I completed five and a half questions: the questions divided into parts are cool because they're easier to actually see that you've at least completed some parts right, and maybe the hardest bit's wrong etc, but you will get some marks I guess.
minimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Without jinxing myself, i can get AAAAB and still miss my offer, its painful.
Steveee
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Wow. I was foolish enough to take, without revising or learning, three further maths modules, so now my college will think that I'm stoopid by my results, when really they should be amazed that I can get whatever I did without learning at all.

mctcdc0710
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Steveee)
Yeah - like for me I know I've got at least ABB, because I'd have had to get Ds or something to fail that, and I'm pretty sure that I was A/B boundary at the lowest.

STEP's a problem though. I mean I know I answered some questions correctly to some extent, but I've never (until this one) had a STEP paper marked, so I really really really don't know what to expect at all. It could be anything S, 1, 2, 3, U and I wouldn't be surprised. Actually, not an S, because that's four or more perfect questions... but whatever.

I completed five and a half questions: the questions divided into parts are cool because they're easier to actually see that you've at least completed some parts right, and maybe the hardest bit's wrong etc, but you will get some marks I guess.
omg are u applying for maths? Have u got msn?
xyro
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Madness
rubysolstice
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Michael Mourao)
omg are u applying for maths? Have u got msn?
Noooo he's applied for engineering. At peterhouse. If I remember correctly >_<.
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
[QUOTE=Steveee]Nope: I'm reading Engineering. QUOTE]
From the medecine reading list thread
BTw Steevie how come ur not on THe list?
platinumki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hello gang, it is I, Alice. I make my triumphant return.

First I must appologise for buggering off around Europe and then being too chicken to come back. I felt that skipping around the internet talking about how much I wanted to go to cambridge before the exam results came out was bad karma. However the results are out, I'm going and everything is nice and dandy (infact, I got the highest results my school has ever had ).

Vanessa - I haven't read everything on the thread but I was sorry to hear what happened. I have my fingers crossed for you!

I shall now devote the next two months to wasting as much time as possible before the REAL work starts.

:tsr:
xyro
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by platinumki)
I felt that skipping around the internet talking about how much I wanted to go to cambridge before the exam results came out was bad karma.
That is exactly what I think :eek: Anyway, wb!
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The results are out? :confused:... A few days of Star Warsing (games branch) has given me a mild concussion... Did you guys read it? A man died after 50 hours of gaming :eek:. Looks like my destiny is sealed.
platinumki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
The results are out? :confused:... A few days of Star Warsing (games branch) has given me a mild concussion... Did you guys read it? A man died after 50 hours of gaming :eek:. Looks like my destiny is sealed.
Scotland. Highers. You know...?

Did they never make a Braveheart game? Maybe then Camford would get it
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well done Alice!
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by xyro)
That is exactly what I think :eek: Anyway, wb!
Your on whenever I come on...liar.
Maybe I'm gonna PM Helen to ban me for a week.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by platinumki)
Scotland. Highers. You know...?

Did they never make a Braveheart game? Maybe then Camford would get it
I don't buy games.
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Karma Shuwarma (visesh will get the pun)
Poo.
I have spent a considerable part of my holiday, reading and redrafting personal statements for potential Oxbridge applicants - and that if anything will have one me favour among the gods.
Besides Camfo posted during exam time and got a 1st.
khil
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
Besides Camfo posted during exam time and got a 1st.
Let's hope I'm as lucky as Camfo with my A-Level results. During exam time my post count on TSR sky-rocketed :eek: It took me over half a year to get to 1000 posts - then in the 2 months of exams/study leave my post count is now on over 3000 :eek: ARGH!

I didn't know you could get mods to ban you for exams I would've done that if I knew... meh.
xx_ambellina_xx
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yay. Well done Alice

I hope I have the grades, too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads